oneBoro Forum
boksicdink

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

's time....

And also we have some concrete news...

@SkySports_Keith

Sky Sources: Middlesbrough have joined Sheffield United in agreeing a fee with Hartlepool for winger Nathan Thomas in the region of £300k.

From what the Echo are saying it's pretty much a done deal

It's too early for this....

We are making a potential signing?

He's just lashing out because you beat him to it :D

KM won't be the same all summer, poor KM, you stole his thunder....

I know nothing about the lad, but is he a likely squad player or somebody to slot into our development team for us to look at?

I know nothing about the lad, but is he a likely squad player or somebody to slot into our development team for us to look at?

It's really hard to gauge players from that level or lower, Jed Wallace was a superstar in that league and didn't cut it at all in the championship, Vardy was good in a lower league and next thing you know he's scoring 20+ for the premier league champions. My guess would be that he'd initially go into the u23's but if he impresses then he'll become a squad player pretty quick.

Didn't you try to start the January thread in the middle of September?   ;)

Besides, I don't think it is. We know where we'll be playing our football next season, we have a decent idea of who is going to be leaving, and we look like we're on the verge of making a signing.

It's really hard to gauge players from that level or lower, Jed Wallace was a superstar in that league and didn't cut it at all in the championship, Vardy was good in a lower league and next thing you know he's scoring 20+ for the premier league champions. My guess would be that he'd initially go into the u23's but if he impresses then he'll become a squad player pretty quick.

Flaming heck, Jed Wallace; I was banging on about him when at Pompey, his career has crashed at Wolves (is he even there!)

Guest Changing Times

I don't know if this is a worthwhile suggestion or not but I was thinking it might be useful to have another transfer thread with just the actual deals we end up doing? Sort of like a concise transfer thread really.

I have seen this lad twice this year and if this is the standard we are looking at my heart sinks. Mark Yeates mk2.

I don't know if this is a worthwhile suggestion or not but I was thinking it might be useful to have another transfer thread with just the actual deals we end up doing? Sort of like a concise transfer thread really.

A sticky would be good that only the author or mods can edit to update ins and outs

I have seen this lad twice this year and if this is the standard we are looking at my heart sinks. Mark Yeates mk2.

I don't think he's being signed for the first team, more of an Adam Reach signing in my mind.