oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Gary Gill should be next

Well we don't really know what players he actually put forward as suggestions. Granted if he was the guy that suggested Traore and Fischer was all we needed for our wing positions to stay up then I agree, but if he suggested better players that were subsequently dismissed or deals couldn't be reached then maybe he should stay.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

who spotted Lindelof and McQuire? if that's Gill he can keep his job we just then need to learn to close the deals.

I was talking about this the other day. It's not necessarily our scouting that needs overhauling in my opinion, they seem to be identifying talent youngsters who would've made a difference to our team at the time. The bit that needs revamping is the decision making system that takes the info from our scouts and decides who we will sign, then signs them. I think one person needs to have the final say on everything in this regard as we can no longer have players being signed for 2/3 different tactics and setups. We need someone with a clear vision on how they want to play and the type of players they want.

I'm not exactly sure what Ortas job actually was.

Does anybody really know?

And the Gazette thing on Leo, I wouldn't take the gazette as confirmation on ANYTHING.

you're right; all I meant was I think it's the first time that rumour has popped up anywhere other than on message boards.

When he was back on the bench as soon as karanka had left made it obvious what had happened, didn't react to well to karankas name getting sang either.

Yea those young players have gone straight into academy teams which as you say was Thiago Cruz department, not sure if he was one of them working for orta or not though.

Hopefully he stays as he actually seems to have done a decent job.

I'm sure Cruz is just a someone who's working under Orta!

Cruz's title is Head of Academy Recruitment Operations so he probably worked fairly closely to Orta but I dont think he necessarily was under him.

Either way, I think Cruz should be attributed with the work of signing Soisalo, Torrejon and Asiedu because he looks like he puts the air miles in to get these deals. I follow Cruz on instagram and he was in Finland days before we signed Soisalo and he was in Ghana working in the community months before we end up signing a Ghanian midfielder.

Gary Gill should be next

Well we don't really know what players he actually put forward as suggestions. Granted if he was the guy that suggested Traore and Fischer was all we needed for our wing positions to stay up then I agree, but if he suggested better players that were subsequently dismissed or deals couldn't be reached then maybe he should stay.

I don't have a clue who Gary Gill scouted but I'm going to blame him for Traore, Guzan and Gestede anyway. I think now is the time for a knee jerk reaction so for that reason, Gary you're fired :)