oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

is he on a free?  has he refused a new contract?

No. The article in Lequipe just says something along the lines that Bordeaux aren't looking to keep him. I used google translate though :dodgy: https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Enzo-crivelli-approche-par-strasbourg/805649

Boro are briefly mentioned towards the bottom.

The comments section are positive though and someone mentions that Bordeaux will be looking at 5-7 million euros for him which should scare promoted Strasbourg away and they are the only other team mentioned.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if this has been debated already, but does anyone think Karanka will be after any of our players if he gets the Leeds job?

Obviously assuming he parted on good terms with most of them, I can see him at least trying for

Stuani

Clayton

Leadbitter

Bernardo

Baptiste

I don't think he'd go for Bamford, Ayala etc - players that we are intending on hanging on to to be first team starters, but I think there are certainly a handful of squad players that he might think he can get. I'm not suggesting any of them actually will leave, mind.

Not sure if this has been debated already, but does anyone think Karanka will be after any of our players if he gets the Leeds job?

Obviously assuming he parted on good terms with most of them, I can see him at least trying for

Stuani

Clayton

Leadbitter

Bernardo

Baptiste

I don't think he'd go for Bamford, Ayala etc - players that we are intending on hanging on to to be first team starters, but I think there are certainly a handful of squad players that he might think he can get. I'm not suggesting any of them actually will leave, mind.

I do think he will be interested in a few of our fringe players though I think the big thing for him will be the budget he is given should he indeed take the job

Clayton will be absolutely fine and again prove to be one of our better players now were in the championship.  im tempering my dissapointment that he didnt make the step up as i thought he would with the fact that due to the area of the pitch where he operates together with our tactics or style of play he was essentially asked to compete against the very top playmakers in english football in many cases directly in combat with world class opponents, probably the main area of the field that highlights the class gap between championship and premier league most .

this also ,if turned around proves why we failed so badly. in that our players we depended or had at our disposal to operate in the areas where other teams  Clayton type players patrolled  were either very poor quality. too raw/untested , underperforming. and in Gastons case ........well, choose your own narrative.

I think you and Lino are being harsh on Clayton. He definitely stepped up. The trouble is, the job/role that he's been asked to play in the last few seasons is a bit of a thankless task. There's not much opportunity for him to really shine.

I reckon Gibson (obviously) and Clayton were two of our best players this season. Lots of the others didn't look like they had made the step up as effectively.

I'm not for a moment saying that Clayton is 'world class'.... just that he's as good as many other DCMs in the bottom half of the PL. (A kind of poor man's Kante)!!

Anyway.... I guess we won't agree. You guys will think he's not PL standard, and I and others will think he is. (I suppose if nothing else, that shows that it's not clear cut) :D

Cheers.

Agree Gibson & Clayton were two of our better players

If he takes away our Stuani, I'll never forgive him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went in for Rhodes :dodgy: :dodgy: :dodgy:

Not our player so doesn't really matter.

Unless that money has covered the purchases of Bamford and Gestede. We probably still owe Blackburn a large part of the fee too, so that should be written off. Potato/potato though as it's still 10 million more than we would have had if he was still here.

I don't think fees are the major sticking point, they seem to just amount to one big monthly sum of incoming and out going totals and from what vickers said sheff wed seem to be paying us £10m in 2 £5m instalments.

De Roon played 45 mins for Holland today in a friendly. Can't have done his value any harm. Now he is not just one of those one capped guys ala Ricketts and Nugent but a regular international.