oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I wonder who makes the decision to release them? Was it Liddle and his team, or does Agnew have a say?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it's only paper talk but I'll be extremely concerned if we start buying and selling players without a manager in place.

Or even a director of football.

But we do have a manager though, don't we, maybe he is going nowhere and is starting the rebuild now:D Just saying like

Thats the worry!

I know it's only paper talk but I'll be extremely concerned if we start buying and selling players without a manager in place.

I don't know mate, it didn't seem to be that good when we had one in place so maybe it's worth a try without one.

Heard a rumour that West Ham are interested in Adama, but is dependent on whether they can shift Snodgrass first.

They'll struggle to shift his £90k pw.

Would anyone take Johnny Howson as replacement for either Clayton or De Roon? Or is it too unambitious/not attacking enough? Norwich are looking to offload to trim their squad and he is a very capable midfielder in the championship.

Jonny Howson would be a decent signing but instead of Forshaw or Leadbitter rather than Clayton or De Roon. Keeping one or both of them is vital to us doing well next season

I'm resigned to the fact that we will lose one of De Roon and Clayton and I'm fine with that. It will likely be De Roon as he has international ambitions and will likely command the bigger fee and will probably also be on bigger wages. Think Howson/Clayton could form a very good partnership in the middle and they are both vastly experienced in the league and knows how to get promoted. Howson is usually a***st the goals too scoring 6 and assisting 7 this season.

Yeah I mentioned Howson in the Wish List thread a couple of weeks ago. He has a fair bit of Prem experience too. He is definitely someone we should be looking at.

I think the fact it's a world cup year means we don't have a hope in hell of keeping De Roon. He's been involved with the national squad and at 26 it's probably his only chance to play in a world cup.

I do think we'll get good money for him though, he's been singled out for praise (mourinho springs to mind) and is one of our few players to come out with much credit this season. If fact I think weirdly he's overrated outside of the club which again great for his price tag.

Heard a rumour that West Ham are interested in Adama, but is dependent on whether they can shift Snodgrass first.

Seems odd selling a player you signed 6 months ago. Am I missing something here?

Seems odd selling a player you signed 6 months ago. Am I missing something here?

Long story short they think he's ***

Long story short they think he's ***

Then sounds like we'll break the bank to get him!