oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Wisdom, afobe and gradel would be 3 excellent signings, not sure if we'd need wisdom like if we keep Fabio. Offer Bournemouth £15m for gradel and afobe and see if we get anywhere.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seen as though we have a habit of signing ex players...

Marvin Emnes is a free agent.

BRING HIM HOME.

You've already suggested this, and it wasn't funny then...

Aye, I saw an article saying we should sign Afobe. On looking at him though, he was a regular for them last season. Unless they bring in other names and plan on putting Wilson back in the limelight after he recovers from his injury, I'm not sure how willing Bournemouth would be to let Afobe go.

Great player. Think he'd fit Monk's system perfectly. Would be one of those on that 'dream target list' someone asked for before.

BRING HIM HOME.

Honestly didn't even realise I had already suggested him. Anyway, lighten up man. :P

It's been suggested at least 10 times by 10 different people.

As for afobe he will probably be behind Defoe aswell as king, not so sure about Wilson as he isn't the most reliable with injuries. Afobe isn't a great PL striker and if Bournemouth want to progress I can see them looking to replace him.

BRING HIM HOME.

Uhh, SNAP!

That the keeper? I thought he was awful until the penalty save. Certainly nowhere near good enough for us.

I'm willing to bet a ton of money that you didn't watch him in the other games he played. Pretty decent keeper, less of a risk than Ripley at this level.

That the keeper? I thought he was awful until the penalty save. Certainly nowhere near good enough for us.

I'm willing to bet a ton of money that you didn't watch him in the other games he played. Pretty decent keeper, less of a risk than Ripley at this level.

How is he less of a risk than Ripley who is a lot more experienced? Woodman has 15 games for Kilmarnock and 12 games for Crawley in League 2. Ripley has 40 games for Motherwell, 54 games for Oldham and a season in Sweden. There can be absolutely no doubt that Ripley is the better and most experienced keeper for a top Championship team. Woodman would be an monster gamble while the step up for Ripley to the Championship would be natural. Being good in a U-20 tournament means very little compared to a season at the top end of the Championship where the pressure is relentless.

How is League One's keeper of the year more of a risk than a keeper who played half a season in Scotland?

I missed the first 2 group games but watched the rest so I'll keep my opinion thanks. In fact keepers in general were the poorest part of the tournament for me, none looked good.

Less of a risk? OK.

I do think Ripley is further along in his development (he is 4 years older after all). Rippers has done his time in Scotland and had a great season with Oldham last term.

Woodman would be good competition and has a lot of potential to be a very good keeper, but he's probably leaving Newcastle in search of being a No. 1. Reckon a lower Champo side will snap him up.

I do think Ripley is further along in his development (he is 4 years older after all). Rippers has done his time in Scotland and had a great season with Oldham last term.

Woodman would be good competition and has a lot of potential to be a very good keeper, but he's probably leaving Newcastle in search of being a No. 1. Reckon a lower Champo side will snap him up.

what crime did he commit?