oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Why should we be looking at younger targets when we have ripley possibly breaking through? Caballero would be a perfect keeper signing imo.

Caballero always looks weak on crosses to me, not what you need in the championship, so it's a no from me.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why should we be looking at younger targets when we have ripley possibly breaking through? Caballero would be a perfect keeper signing imo.

I meant younger targets as a whole and not the goalkeeping situation, however I do believe introducing Ripley this year would be a massive gamble.

The expectation from the fans is to fight for promotion, and we all know how our fans can be at times by jumping on players after a few mistakes/bad games.

I would be more confident in signing Stockdale/Ruddy who have played in this league before and have the experience and are not coming to the end of their goalkeeping career, whereas I think Caballero only has a season in him.

Don't jump on my back for my opinion as I think Ripley has all attributes to become our number 1, I just think the first season after relegation would be a lot of pressure to put on a debutant this year.

why are people wanting us to sign a winger?? I personally think that Traoré and Fischer will be good enough for our wingers this season -

Ripley

Fabio Ayala Gibbo (if we can keep him) Friend

Traore Clayton De Room (if we can keep him) Forshaw Fischer

Bamford Gestede or new striker

Decent team there :)

Are people forgetting that Ripley has actually played for us in the Championship before?

He conceded 5 goals in 2 games, but still.

My bad, I now think he's an established experienced Championship keeper so I now feel a lot better!

Are people forgetting that Ripley has actually played for us in the Championship before?

My bad, I now think he's an established experienced Championship keeper so I now feel a lot better!

Sarcasm detector broken?

how long ago was that?? he had more games now at Bradford/Oldham and got in the player of team season for Oldham.

why are people wanting us to sign a winger?? I personally think that Traoré and Fischer will be good enough for our wingers this season -

Ripley

I have more faith in Fischer than I do in Adama but it's still very risky expecting them to step up into promotion challenging attacking wingers. For as exciting as Traore is, he only delivered a single solitary assist last season. We need more assurance than that imo

If Monk is only given the 30million including any outgoings then I don't think its an ambitious statement by Gibson at all!

He will be better off by saving on wages, incoming transfer fee's.

If its 30million plus percentage of outgoing sales then that's a sign of intent.

Ripley

Because none of the wingers in our squad looked even close to good enough last season. Traore can run around people for fun but that's it and I don't think he'll be here come September, Fischer looked decent against Southampton but absolutely anonymous in most of his games so it depends which Fischer turns up and I'm also skeptical of him being here next year. Downing is ***. Gaston is a snake and will be gone. Chapman and Cooke are highly rated and will get chances hopefully but can't be completely relied on.

One of those goals was a 40-50 yard half volley from Kieran Trippier for Burnley, they knew he was young and inexperienced and were just shooting from everywhere.

Traore and Fischer got 0 goals and 2 assists between them in the Premier League. I've seen nothing to suggest they could suddenly step up to the plate in the championship, agree with Will in that I can't see Traore still being here next season.