oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Does anyone think that Callum Wilson could be available and realistic for us? Seemed to have his injuries over the last 2 seasons and now looks to be behind King, Adobe and the incoming Defoe

I don't think so personally, I think if fully fit he would be ahead of Afobe and possibly King, with King being able to play from the wings infront of Stanislas etc (I think).

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got no chance with Wilshire, Joe Ledley would be a more realistic option.

My ideal signings would probably be

Caballero, afobe, gradel, chalobah and Jota. Maybe unrealistic but would add everything we currently lack and covers all of the front 4 positions. Depends what monk thinks of Fischer and traore aswell, I know they aren't everyone's favourites but imo they have huge potential to be stars next season, to many aren't factoring in the drop in quality of opposition.

Does anyone think that Callum Wilson could be available and realistic for us? Seemed to have his injuries over the last 2 seasons and now looks to be behind King, Adobe and the incoming Defoe

I'd say it's one of Wilson/Afobe with Defoe likely joining Bournemouth. And I'd probably think it more likely to be Afobe. I'd take either at a heart beat.

Wilshere I think there's less than zero chance of him being in the Champo next season. Same with Chalobah. Ledley is realistic, well suited and free... I'd go for him in a heart beat.

Everyone seems unenthusiastic about Traore, which I think is a bit unfair. First off, people seem to forget that he's still a young lad. Like anyone of his age he is work in progress. No one would deny that he has blistering pace and technical skill. His main faults are a lack of awareness - reading the game - and teamwork. Hopefully, that can be learned. Pace cannot be learned. And the same applies to technical skill really - you've either got it or you haven't. I think he should be given a good run-out. The Champo could be the making of him.

Just watch this and imagine that it was a 21-year-old player that we were interested in now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjtHbMRMce4

Probably nothing in it but some Brazilian guy is on twitter saying something about richarlison turning us down for palmieras or something like that.

Doubt we even bid for him just a bit of rumour on a slow day!

Edit: was a misunderstanding and it's lazio that want him, got excited for a bit there...

Everyone seems unenthusiastic about Traore, which I think is a bit unfair. First off, people seem to forget that he's still a young lad. Like anyone of his age he is work in progress. No one would deny that he has blistering pace and technical skill. His main faults are a lack of awareness - reading the game - and teamwork. Hopefully, that can be learned. Pace cannot be learned. And the same applies to technical skill really - you've either got it or you haven't. I think he should be given a good run-out. The Champo could be the making of him.

Just watch this and imagine that it was a 21-year-old player that we were interested in now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjtHbMRMce4

I have never seen a more fitting headline for a Youtube video. 

Adama Traoré - Middlesbrough "Born to Run"

After his performances in the U20 world cup I'd like to see us land Josh Onomah for the season.

Not unrealistic as he's been warming the Spurs bench all season. A stint in the championship would be a suitable next transition in his development I think.

After his performances in the U20 world cup I'd like to see us land Josh Onomah for the season.

Not unrealistic as he's been warming the Spurs bench all season. A stint in the championship would be a suitable next transition in his development I think.

I've been a big fan of his for a couple of years now. Has the potential to really make it at Spurs with the right support and the right opportunities. Not sure if they'd be willing to sell, but I'd even take him on loan.

let's face it if Traore stays he's going to win a lot of free kicks and penalties against championship defenders.

Bear in mind that not all the stadiums in the Championship have the corners filled in. He could well put his head down, start running and we never see him again! Haha.