oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In other news, Everton, West Ham and Newcastle all linked with Jota. Looks like he'll be off to the Premiership.

Yeah that was to be expected after being so good in since he returned in January. Cracking player.

Would people accept £30m for Gibson and then bringing somebody like Kyle Bartley in as his replacement?

As for Assombalonga, my Forest mate says that he only seemingly scores big goals, which is not a bad trait to have!

With GM reportedly having a £30m transfer kitty, I was wondering how that works. Would it be

a) Go out and spend up to £30m on the players you want and Bauser will sort the contracts out.

Or

b) For example Assombalonga would cost:-

Transfer fee = £10m

Wages = £20k per week

Contract length 4yrs

Total cost £14million

Leaving £16 for a similar deal for a similar priced player

Don't worry too much about wages. Incoming wages will replace the outgoing wages.

I'm assuming it's £30m on top of any income from sales too. Not a bad position to be in when you've got some very sought after assets

Would people accept £30m for Gibson and then bringing somebody like Kyle Bartley in as his replacement?

As for Assombalonga, my Forest mate says that he only seemingly scores big goals, which is not a bad trait to have!

every goal is a big goal when you play for the Boro and your purpose is to smash the league :) Britt was scoring goals against the likes or Burton, Ipswich and Wigan to try and keep Forest between 14th and 21st

every goal is a big goal when you play for the Boro and your purpose is to smash the league :) Britt was scoring goals against the likes or Burton, Ipswich and Wigan to try and keep Forest between 14th and 21st

I know but what I meant by that is that he always turned up when they needed a goal or needed a performance from him. He is a big match player

I know but what I meant by that is that he always turned up when they needed a goal or needed a performance from him. He is a big match player

hattricks against Leeds and Sunderland then.

I think Assombalonga would be the perfect addition. Gestede is the big physical force, Bamford the classy striker who knows all the right runs to make and Assombalonga who is just pace, power and finishing.

Really depends on a lot of things. If we can get all our targets without selling him I'd obviously like to keep him, but I don't think the reported 30 million transfer kitty will be enough to get a keeper, a RB, two wingers, an AM and a ST. (I'm thinking a straight swap between De Roon and a new guy). 

Keeping Gibson would massively improve our chances, but I think we need the money to strenghten a lot of areas.

RB, don't think we'll buy until we move at least one right sided defender on

striker, think Stuani will be given the chance if he stays, CM/AM think we'll move bodies on before we bring anyone in here as well.

I know we have the money but we don't want to end up like QPR etc with more players than squad places.

Stuani could be a good option up front but it looked like his head was gone when he played towards the end of the season. I know he looked pretty lost most the time but he at least put the effort in. He didn't look bothered towards the end. Added in with the fact we have 2 ready made Championship strikers in Bamford and Gestede yet are seemingly looking to boost our talent with the links to Assombalonga, I can't see Stuani sticking around.