oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

If Spurs really are interested in him. As a young up and coming, English footballer he'd be daft not to go and work with Potch

I don't think he'd get a game at Spurs though. He ideally needs to find a top 7 club where'll he'll be a regular.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Spurs really are interested in him. As a young up and coming, English footballer he'd be daft not to go and work with Potch

I don't think he'd get a game at Spurs though. He ideally needs to find a top 7 club there'll he'll be a regular.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm hoping if he does move on, it'll be to Liverpool. He's got much more chance of displacing Matip or Klavan and becoming a first team regular there than at Spurs.

From what I read on him it's 4231 or 433, I'm hoping he goes 4231 as I don't really like 433, seems to leave a big hole in the middle imo.

It depends how you set it out though, if you play your front three narrow and have your width provided by your full backs and your midfield 3 providing support to your attack play with one of them holding I think it could prove quite affective

He apparently likes his wingers to be traditional wide players rather than karanka who used inside forwards.

But also likes the center midfield to get involved in the box.

4231 and 433 can be almost identical systems depending on personal.

A lot depends on how positive the team selection is and the attitude towards attack and defence. Either formation can be extremely positive or negative.

If Monk wants to play 4-2-3-1 with wingers then does Bamford play the number 10 role or as a main striker or second fiddle and where does the support come from? I can see us putting crosses to one in the box again!

Same as where it should always come from when putting a cross in. The main forwards between the posts, opposite winger at the back post area, midfielder penalty spot area.

Most 4 at the back formations are similar it all depends on who you play and what you ask them to do, I just prefer 4231 as the #10 is generally a forward rather than a midfielder who have different mentalities on the pitch.

I don't think he'd get a game at Spurs though. He ideally needs to find a top 7 club there'll he'll be a regular.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm hoping if he does move on, it'll be to Liverpool. He's got much more chance of displacing Matip or Klavan and becoming a first team regular there than at Spurs.

No chance he displaces Matip imo. Lovren fair enough and hes's already better than Klavan.

Alan Nixon: Aussie skipper Mark Milligan has Championship interest. Midfield. Free agent. Cardiff and Middlesbrough looking at it.

31, last played in the UAE. 2 goals and 1 assist in 22 games in the Gulf League last season...

Not exactly exciting stats...

Alan Nixon: Aussie skipper Mark Milligan has Championship interest. Midfield. Free agent. Cardiff and Middlesbrough looking at it.

31, last played in the UAE. 2 goals and 1 assist in 22 games in the Gulf League last season...

Direct competition for Guedioura

If Monk wants to play 4-2-3-1 with wingers then does Bamford play the number 10 role or as a main striker or second fiddle and where does the support come from? I can see us putting crosses to one in the box again!

For me, BamBam is a main striker who can play in other roles. The majority of his goals came when he moved centrally if I remember correctly, so for me he's got to be competing for a spot as the main striker.

Direct competition for Guedioura

Even Guedioura's mins/contribution was better than Milligan's last season... In league games, at least.