oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

No idea on whether the speculation about Ayala "feigning" injuries is true, it could well be that he did actually have a niggling problem that Karanka just disregarded. He's up there with the top defenders in this league when fit, but I don't think he's ever successfully completed a full season for us.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw there has been a few rumours about Bartley but I've just thought it was lazy journalism. Have you heard anything since you asked?

Yes. Ayala might be on his way out (which i think is madness personally)

I only think its madness if he stops being such a liability injury-wise. Obviously a very good defender at this level but I'd rather not have this faff on with him time and time again. If we can get good money for him, I'd be happy enough to say goodbye.

One other piece but i'm not allowed to mention that yet. If i get the ok i'll put it on here.

Something that excites you Humpty? Or a bit Meh?

Would improve the first team.

Btw there has been a few rumours about Bartley but I've just thought it was lazy journalism. Have you heard anything since you asked?

Yes. Ayala might be on his way out (which i think is madness personally)

I only think its madness if he stops being such a liability injury-wise. Obviously a very good defender at this level but I'd rather not have this faff on with him time and time again. If we can get good money for him, I'd be happy enough to say goodbye.

Sheff Wed are meant to be interested, apparently their scouting team never leaves Teesside.

I'd sell him for £10m on the basis of his injury record and his lack of appearances last season, I think in this market his value is closer to £15m because he really is one of the top players in this league and the only thing that has held him back is his injury record. After his 14/15 and 15/16 seasons there's absolutely no way he should still be playing in the championship.

I put Ayala in the when he's fit he's in the team bracket but when well he be fit? Will Monk want a player taking up a squad position who can't be relied upon?

For me I say we cut our losses sell for £8m+ and bring in a less injury prone defender who will turn out every week.

If he'd have performed as he can last season we'd have been talking £20m+

One other piece but i'm not allowed to mention that yet. If i get the ok i'll put it on here.

Any clues on position?

I love Ayala as a player but the more I think about it if we can get around 10m for them then we should get rid.

You can't rely on him staying fit for any long period and it just seems like a sensible option to look at replacing him.

Ayala has always had injury problems, you have to wonder if some of it is a mental issue, would he play with a slight niggle or does he only play when 100%. Either way on his day in this league he's head and shoulders above most but he can't be relied upon.

There is zero chance we will get anywhere near £10m for Ayala.

You've got to be looking at half that as a maximum...

I'm firmly of the belief that a fit Ayala is a better defender than Ben Gibson. His lack of performances last season and his injury record pulls his pricetag back again.

I think most here wouldn't see Gibbo go for less than £20m, there's no way Ayala is worth 4 times less than him.

You've​ got to be looking at half that as a maximum...

I really rate Ayala but i agree...we'd do well to get more than £5 mil for him due to his injury record.

Any clues on position?

I think that would be a bit of a give away so i'm going no further until i get the nod.

Chalobah, Kalas & Piazon all going into their final year, if the Star is to be believed.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/622526/Chelsea-players-squad-contracts-summer-2018-transfer-news-expiring-sportgalleries

I'd bring Kalas back, Chalobah has improved massively as a player and I think someone with his athleticism is what we need in our midfield. Would gladly take either of them though I feel Chalobah would have a number of bottom half Prem clubs in for him.

You've​ got to be looking at half that as a maximum...

If that's the case I wouldn't sell him, id rather turn down 4m/5m even if he only plays 20 games a season he's a great squad player.