oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I think Gibson should and will go this summer. He needs to be playing premier league football if he is going to be picked for the World Cup. It's just a case now of trying to get as much for him as possible.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I was Steve Gibson I'd market him around, garner as much as we can in terms a fee, get Bens agent in the office, sit him down, help him understand he's here to be extorted by placing a shotgun on the table then proceed to explain that Ben under no circumstances signs a contract for longer than 3yrs.

Sell him to the highest bidder, add the takings to the current kitty to strengthen the team so we can smash the league, establish ourselves as a premier league team for 2 seasons and sign Ben (now in his prime) back on a free.

Somewhere a***st all that would be the handing over of a brown bag filled with bank notes to the agent for his kind cooperation!

Reports that Burnley are interested in George Friend as well as Watford.

Hate to say it but I think he'd be excellent for Burnley, one of those hard-working players right up Dyche's street.

Sell Friend for 8m, move Fabio back to the left and buy Kalas for RB.

Beat you to it ;)

Not a fan of wrong footed fullbacks, not for a full season anyway. He did a good job covering there whilst friend was out but I thought we had more balance with friend at LB and Fabio at RB

I agree. Teams are definitely better balanced with full backs playing on the side of their strongest foot. Even if the player can can play there. Overlaps and underlaps are more frequent and successful playing a full back on their 'correct' side.