oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Imagine the furore of the owls fans if it's true. For that reason alone I hope we get him for the 3 million. Didn't they sign him on a free before they were promotion contenders? Could be a reason why he has a low clause.

Signed him from the Prem on a free when they'd only just got back in the championship if I remember rightly, wouldn't surprise me if he does have a release clause as he will have though he could get back to the Prem.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so the squad thats left if the linked players do leave

barragan, fabio, struggling to think of any other fullbacks, so we have x2 fullbacks one cant defend or attack and the other cant defend but can play a bit. we need a whole new back 4 if friend and gibbo leave.

wingers/10's we have none if downing, traore, gaston and fischer leave. well stuani but hes not a midfielder dont care what anyone says.

monk pretty much getting to build a full new team here. if he gets who he wants we can go straight to blaming him if we fail bypassing 'they are not his players' excuse :)

Fabio can defend and is very good full back for this league. He doesn't need replacing.

Agree with CF about Fabio. He's a good defender and the amount of headers that he wins that he has no right to is unreal

Imagine the furore of the owls fans if it's true. For that reason alone I hope we get him for the 3 million. Didn't they sign him on a free before they were promotion contenders? Could be a reason why he has a low clause.

Signed him from the Prem on a free when they'd only just got back in the championship if I remember rightly, wouldn't surprise me if he does have a release clause as he will have though he could get back to the Prem.

Yeah wouldn't dismiss a release clause then. 3 million sounds reasonable under those circumstaces. If true their missed a trick by not giving him a new contract when they've been throwing money around the last two years.

If his release clause is actually £3m and we are actually interested then why are we making enquiries like it says in that article, get a ***ing bid tabled and get it sorted stop dragging our heels

I just sat and typed this out but for some reason the little *** didny post, but I thought it was worth having another go!

I didnt realise how thin our squad actually is:https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/middlesbrough-fc/startseite/verein/641

Thats hasnt been updated so really our squad is at 20 with the loss of:

Valdes

Guzan

De sart

Leadbitter

Downing

Negredo

Ramirez

Now if if facor in potentially losing;

Gibson

Friend

De roon

Traore

Ayala

That really makes me think none of our players are going anywhere unless we have better quality players lined up..

Im just going off the news that De Dart has gone on load for a season.

Leadbitters contract us up & he still hasnt resigned.

Downing has been told he can go on a free...

& csn you honestly see Ramirez ever pulling on the boro shirt again.

Im just going off the news that De Dart has gone on load for a season.

Leadbitters contract us up & he still hasnt resigned.

Downing has been told he can go on a free...

& csn you honestly see Ramirez ever pulling on the boro shirt again.

He hasn't resigned because it doesn't expire until June 2018

so the squad thats left if the linked players do leave

barragan, fabio, struggling to think of any other fullbacks, so we have x2 fullbacks one cant defend or attack and the other cant defend but can play a bit. we need a whole new back 4 if friend and gibbo leave.

wingers/10's we have none if downing, traore, gaston and fischer leave. well stuani but hes not a midfielder dont care what anyone says.

monk pretty much getting to build a full new team here. if he gets who he wants we can go straight to blaming him if we fail bypassing 'they are not his players' excuse :)

Fabio can defend and is very good full back for this league. He doesn't need replacing.

Agree with CF about Fabio. He's a good defender and the amount of headers that he wins that he has no right to is unreal

he is not a good defender at all, sorry to not agree with you. i think his total lack of positional sense which totally exposes him time and again prove its true. 

he is fully committed and gives his all, not afraid to get stuck in and is quite athletic. can play a bit to. but he will continue to be exposed time and again. 

i like him as a player because he can play a bit and gives his all, but hes not good enough for any premier league team for a reason. 

i was talking to an old mate from army days last month, he asked whats gone wrong with us. he went on to start talking about fabio as some sort of joke of a player. i was surprised but he is right. we rate our players far to highly. last season was a joke and broke several unwanted records. i'm not defending or sitting on the fence about any of our players. they dont deserve it.

If he's good enough to start in the Champions League Final as a defender then I'd be inclined to say he's good enough as a defender for us. I know it was a while ago now but defenders don't tend to get that much worse.

Fabio was one of, if not the best of our signings last season.