oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Serious question. Is there anyway back for Ramirez?

It depends what really went on. Lot's of players have put in transfer requests and come back. I have no idea what really went on. If he hasn't lost the respect of his teammates and there only was a problem with the old "regime" then maybe. But I guess the fans need full disclosure and some kind of apology. The main points are 1. does Monk trust him and 2. does he still have the respect of those still at the club. If it's a yes to both of those there is a way back because if he gets back to his best he will win the fans over. That said I don't currently trust him on the info we have.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that even a question Humpty? I can't see anyway that he can pull a Boro shirt on again after the disgraceful antics of last season, I personally wouldn't want him to anyway.

No. Made his bed. Made a great contribution at this level for us, clearly a good player in this division, but he thinks he's already done his bit for us when he's just as culpable for our relegation as any player. Just months after signing permanently was having his agent put the feelers out.

Would rather him go and we try to replace him even if it means spending more (which it likely will).

Barragan has passed his medical

Only at the fourth time of asking.  The first three times he kept doing it wrong and failing.

Imagine a motivated Ramirez playing as a number 10 behind Bamford, that would be pretty exciting though.

The mind has it's limits and unfortunately Ramirez being motivated is slightly beyond my cerebral capacity.

It depends what really went on. Lot's of players have put in transfer requests and come back. I have no idea what really went on. If he hasn't lost the respect of his teammates and there only was a problem with the old "regime" then maybe. But I guess the fans need full disclosure and some kind of apology. The main points are 1. does Monk trust him and 2. does he still have the respect of those still at the club. If it's a yes to both of those there is a way back because if he gets back to his best he will win the fans over. That said I don't currently trust him on the info we have.

Completely agree.

Could've been a massive disagreement between him and Karanka. He should've got his head down after it but around the time of him putting his request in coincided with our terrible run. Looked like the dressing room was lost from then on. 

If he does come back i'd expect statement or comments giving an insight into it all.

Wonder how serious Everton are about Gray. They have agreed a deal for spanish striker Sandro from Malaga and according to Sky they have agreed a deal for Henry Oneykuru who is a winger/striker. You'd think they would want someone more prolific and experienced than Gray to take over from Lukaku having just bought those two youngsters.

Boro have shown an interest in Aden Flint, with Bristol City ready to cash in on the defender. #boro [Mail]

Would be a good signing IMO.

As BD said, all depends on what went on, What if the reason he wanted away was a fall out with the management, What If GM strokes his ego siufficiently to appease him and he will be the main man, No10 pulling all the strings, fans will soon forgive if we are smashing the league and Ramirez is at the centre of it.

That said, personally i think he has shot his bolt and good riddance (until he wins POTY and i will fawn all over him) ;)

Boro have shown an interest in Aden Flint, with Bristol City ready to cash in on the defender. #boro [Mail]

Would be a good signing IMO.

Would end up as our top scorer next season. He's a goal machine by all accounts.