oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Middlesbrough have expressed an interest in signing Leeds United goalkeeper Rob Green

@TransferCentreL

Ffs I don't just want to become middleeds utd.

Look at other clubs!

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daily Star quoting an italian paper saying Man Utd are interested in De Roon http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/625435/Manchester-United-Middlesbrough-Marten-De-Roon-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-Latest-MUFC-News

Really can't see that happening.

TuttoMercatoWeb are usually good with transfers, and Jose did single out De Roon for a lot of praise when we played them.

Well they also say he is earning 40k and is available at 8.8 million which I find very hard to believe. Even the Gazette are saying today Boro will be looking at 12 million and doesn't even mention the release clause which TeamTalk somehow know exists.

£40k is pretty much what I'd expect him to be on. £8.8m is €10m so that could be true and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does have a relegation release clause, he was a big money signing, he will have wanted assurances of what would happen in this situation.

But that release clause isn't going to be lower than what we paid for him. If it is then I think the 12 million we reportedly paid was including various bonusses that we are not due to pay now. And he has a wage reduction clause like everyone else. And didn't he say in an interview he was on a modest pay for Prem standards, but maybe 40k is modest nowadays. Anyways I doubt he is in more than 30k now, maybe even less depending on the wage reduction clause.

Could be to do with the sharp fall in the value of the pound against the euro, due to brexit and the recent GE. Would sound about right as the Euro tended to be at 1.2 to the £ where as it's now 0.88, so a €10m release fee would have been £12m but now only £8.8m.

Sure we had a similar issue when we bought Alvez with installments agreed to be paid in € and the price of them went up, costing us more than originally agreed?

So our new strategy is to join in with multiple clubs chasing domestic players in hope that we convince them above all else, what could possibly go wrong I mean ending up with 3rd/4th choice targets will be fine because getting promotion will be easy enough.

We're linked with shrewd signings just like last summer, Manga Mahoney Flint Taylor etc, but as we see them slip away I have to wonder what lessons are being learned at this point. By all accounts we were well in for Burke last summer in the end we were so desperate in that position we took to making a last minute opportunity signing of Traore and while we're a long way from the last minute of this summer chasing targets who have Premier League suitors seems to me like a fools errand and not at all comforting considering the rebuild Monk has to do.

I'm not decrying the quality, Green aside, of the linked players I'm decrying the fact that at this stage if they're our primary targets and we're against Premier League clubs for most if not all where is the strategy to stop us falling back to 4th choice targets again?

We haven't signed anyone from Leeds, have we?

Except their manager & their entire backroom staff of course.

All out of contract. But that's bedside the point. There really isn't much wrong with Monk going back for a couple of players if he believes they can do it. I just hope that doesn't include Green. But I've seen no concrete source that it does.

All out of contract. But that's bedside the point. There really isn't much wrong with Monk going back for a couple of players if he believes they can do it. I just hope that doesn't include Green. But I've seen no concrete source that it does.

What does them having a contract have to do with anything?

Did they or did they not just come from Leeds?

Jesus christ you're ***ing pedantic at times Tom.

Local West Brom paper are saying Pulis has two targets at CB Terry on a free or Gibson and he prefers the younger option so I guess we can add West Brom to the mix seems like he might be a priority as well especially if Terry doesn't hang around waiting too long to move.

Coaches and assistants often follow a manager to a new club, I don't get how that's translating to having tunnel vision because someone on twitter has linked us with green.

These links are going to happen naturally, it's called *** poor or lazy journalism, like us needing a cb results is us linked with Bartley and Jansson etc. No need to have a meltdown!

TuttoMercatoWeb are usually good with transfers, and Jose did single out De Roon for a lot of praise when we played them.

Well they also say he is earning 40k and is available at 8.8 million which I find very hard to believe. Even the Gazette are saying today Boro will be looking at 12 million and doesn't even mention the release clause which TeamTalk somehow know exists.

£40k is pretty much what I'd expect him to be on. £8.8m is €10m so that could be true and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does have a relegation release clause, he was a big money signing, he will have wanted assurances of what would happen in this situation.

But that release clause isn't going to be lower than what we paid for him. If it is then I think the 12 million we reportedly paid was including various bonusses that we are not due to pay now. And he has a wage reduction clause like everyone else. And didn't he say in an interview he was on a modest pay for Prem standards, but maybe 40k is modest nowadays. Anyways I doubt he is in more than 30k now, maybe even less depending on the wage reduction clause.

Could be to do with the sharp fall in the value of the pound against the euro, due to brexit and the recent GE. Would sound about right as the Euro tended to be at 1.2 to the £ where as it's now 0.88, so a €10m release fee would have been £12m but now only £8.8m.

Sure we had a similar issue when we bought Alvez with installments agreed to be paid in € and the price of them went up, costing us more than originally agreed?

Let's hope the release fee is in pounds then. Can't imagine an English club would have a release fee set in euros.

Coaches and assistants often follow a manager to a new club, I don't get how that's translating to having tunnel vision because someone on twitter has linked us with green.

These links are going to happen naturally, it's called *** poor or lazy journalism, like us needing a cb results is us linked with Bartley and Jansson etc. No need to have a meltdown!

holy *** it was just a joke jesus christ.

Yep. The Internet journos will just be looking at any position we might need strengthening and then linking us to any Leeds player. Surprised we haven't been linked to that Viera fella yet.