oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm feeling very encouraged that we've being linked with some well established Championship pros who both know the league and, in many cases, seem to have the potential to stake a claim for at least a place in a Premiership Squad.

Bentley, Taylor, Bartley, Flint, Assombalonga, McGeady, Kent, Stockdale, Mooy, Abraham.

TuttoMercatoWeb are usually good with transfers, and Jose did single out De Roon for a lot of praise when we played them.

Well they also say he is earning 40k and is available at 8.8 million which I find very hard to believe. Even the Gazette are saying today Boro will be looking at 12 million and doesn't even mention the release clause which TeamTalk somehow know exists.

£40k is pretty much what I'd expect him to be on. £8.8m is €10m so that could be true and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does have a relegation release clause, he was a big money signing, he will have wanted assurances of what would happen in this situation.

But that release clause isn't going to be lower than what we paid for him. If it is then I think the 12 million we reportedly paid was including various bonusses that we are not due to pay now. And he has a wage reduction clause like everyone else. And didn't he say in an interview he was on a modest pay for Prem standards, but maybe 40k is modest nowadays. Anyways I doubt he is in more than 30k now, maybe even less depending on the wage reduction clause.

Could be to do with the sharp fall in the value of the pound against the euro, due to brexit and the recent GE. Would sound about right as the Euro tended to be at 1.2 to the £ where as it's now 0.88, so a €10m release fee would have been £12m but now only £8.8m.

Sure we had a similar issue when we bought Alvez with installments agreed to be paid in € and the price of them went up, costing us more than originally agreed?

Not sure, but I think your figures on exchange rates above are the current buy and sell rates...

Current EUR buy rate is 1.13 (£1m buys 1,130,000 EUROS)

Current EUR sell rate is 0.89 (1,130,000 EURO buys £1m)

Not sure, but I think your figures on exchange rates above are the current buy and sell rates...

Current EUR buy rate is 1.13 (£1m buys 1,130,000 EUROS)

Current EUR sell rate is 0.89 (1,130,000 EURO buys £1m)

You're right, the Euro was around 1.2ish before Brexit and is now 1.13.  This would actually work better for us if any release clauses were stipulated in Euro's:

10m Euro's would have been about £8.3m last year.

At the current exchange rates it's £8.85m, so would be half a million more to us.

This is all hypothetical though, as I doubt any English clubs are setting release clauses in a foreign currency.

I swear that De Roon was one of the lowest paid?

There was an article about him a few months back saying that despite earning much less than most PL players it was still more than he knew what to do. Can't remember the figure but I thought it was around £20k?

I swear that De Roon was one of the lowest paid?

There was an article about him a few months back saying that despite earning much less than most PL players it was still more than he knew what to do. Can't remember the figure but I thought it was around £20k?

If true then he has one of the worst agents in the game.

Hope we sign Bentley, he's a quality keeper.

Annoying that we didn't get him last year when his contract was up. Wasted £30k a week on Guzan instead

Nothing wrong with healthy competition.

Is Bentley the player you were referring to the other week when you said we are hoping to bring in a player that will improve the starting XI?

I think the player Humpty was referring to was Charlie Taylor?

Correct. Despite rumours of a bust up with Monk he is open to the move. I think Burnley have taken pole recently though.

Exclusiv maybe :) Dansih paper Ekstra Bladet have just written a story that we are heavily interested in 18 year old striker Jens Odgaard who burst onto the scene last season. He played 17 times for the senior side and scored 4 goals (3 of them against the three biggest sides in Denmark. Described as quick, good finisher and physically strong for his age. Inter are apparently also interested in him along with other Italian clubs. He has a year left on his contract and his club Lyngby are in severe financial trouble and almost folded last season. The paper is saying they are demanding about 1 million pounds which I think sounds a little too much. I don't know anything about the lad, but he was called one of the biggest Danish talents last season. Very few Danish talents have had succes by going to Italy too young, and if Fischer stays that might help. I'll keep you posted.