oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Danish paper Ekstra Bladet reporting that Mainz are paying Boro 3 million euros which is roughly 2,5 million pounds. So a fairly big loss considering we paid 5 million a year ago. If trust their info on this over the other rumours that we've recouped nearly all our money.

Fischer was earning 25k here before relegation and was due to drop big in wages so have accepted a contract of roughly 15k at Mainz.

Was told we lost about 1.5mil on him. Same person also said we may well have put in a future % of sale clause. I don't know if he knows out or clutching at straws etc

Looks like the info is solid then. Bit disappointed we lost a third of the fee. Thought we'd hold out for more but maybe a future clause can help with that.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest, I'm not surprised we lost a third of he fee... the lad didn't do a single thing to show he warranted us getting our money back, so it's unsurprisinrg we lost £1.5m on him. Quite relieved we only lost that much...

by the time you factor in future wages etc. this may have been the best option, hopefully we've tied in a clause or 2 as we did with Butterworth, hopefully the kid will do good :)

To be honest, I'm not surprised we lost a third of he fee... the lad didn't do a single thing to show he warranted us getting our money back, so it's unsurprisinrg we lost £1.5m on him. Quite relieved we only lost that much...

Depends on how we structured the deal when buying him, take out add ons based on appearances and staying up and we may not have lost out.

We've probably avoided quiet a lot of payments due to relagation - a very thin silver lining in a dark cloud

So with Fischer out, and more than likely Downing and Ramirez, it doesn't take a genius to work out that we are now desperately short in the attacking midfield department and there will now certainly be an overhaul. So which new faces do you want to see come through the door to fill those attacking midfield spots?

I'm not bothered by Ramirez. He's ultimately been a flop everywhere he's been in England.

I also don't think he's as good as people make out. I TOTALLY accept that he was GOOD for us in the Championship, and him and Rhodes made the difference (eventually) in our run in, with key goals and assists.

(Having said that, given that much of our success was also based around defence, you could also give big credit to Ayala, Gibson, Dimi, Friend and Clayton for our promotion season).

I just don't think that Ramirez completely bossed/controlled every Championship game like some people appear to be making out.

Still..... it's all opinions isn't it. That's my view, while others obviously think differently.

EDIT: [by way of explanation]: This could be down to the fact that a Southampton mate (whose opinion I respect) told me that Ramirez had been an expensive flop at Southampton (when he signed for Boro on loan). As such maybe I was scrutinizing Ramirez's performances for us more than I should have been at the back end of the Championship campaign.

I'm not bothered by Ramirez. He's ultimately been a flop everywhere he's been in England.

I also don't think he's as good as people make out. I TOTALLY accept that he was GOOD for us in the Championship, and him and Rhodes made the difference (eventually) in our run in, with key goals and assists.

(Having said that, given that much of our success was also based around defence, you could also give big credit to Ayala, Gibson, Dimi, Friend and Clayton for our promotion season).

I just don't think that Ramirez completely bossed/controlled every Championship game like some people appear to be making out.

Still..... it's all opinions isn't it. That's my view, while others obviously think differently.

EDIT: [by way of  explanation]: This could be down to the fact that a Southampton mate (whose opinion I respect) told me that Ramirez had been an expensive flop at Southampton (when he signed for Boro on loan). As such maybe I was scrutinizing Ramirez's performances for us more than I should have been at the back end of the Championship campaign.

In the championship he occasionally bossed our midfield for short periods of time is more how I remember him, the rest of the time he was being sent off or doing everything he could to get sent off. In the prem he scored a great goal - thats all the positives I have on him. I'd like to see him gone and I'm glad a lot of the players Monk seems to be interested in are British too.

Think we will be needing 2 Left Backs this window!

Just a feeling?

No more than that but want it 100% before I say to much...

that'll have me hitting F5 for the rest of the day. :s

So with Fischer out, and more than likely Downing and Ramirez, it doesn't take a genius to work out that we are now desperately short in the attacking midfield department and there will now certainly be an overhaul. So which new faces do you want to see come through the door to fill those attacking midfield spots?

Rw Adama/Bamford

10 Mc Cormick/ Hoolahan

Lw Burke/chapman

EDIT: [by way of  explanation]: This could be down to the fact that a Southampton mate (whose opinion I respect) told me that Ramirez had been an expensive flop at Southampton (when he signed for Boro on loan). As such maybe I was scrutinizing Ramirez's performances for us more than I should have been at the back end of the Championship campaign.

He occasionally bossed our midfield for short periods of time is more how I remember him, the rest of the time he was being sent off or doing everything he could to get sent off. I'd like to see him gone and I'm glad a lot of the players Monk seems to be interested in are British too.

Wait, he got one red card? 1.5 foul per match. 8 yellows. It might be a bit too much for whatever position he played during our season, but I don't think we need to exaggerate too much when it comes to Ramirez. Everyone hates him anyway.