oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw that young Danish talent Boro are rumored to be heavily interested in along with Italian clubs wasn't even on the bench tonight in his club's Europa League qualifier against Bangor. Just sayin' ;)

Edit; after the game the manager admitted that there was things going on and as a precaution they decided to leave him out.

Btw that young Danish talent Boro are rumored to be heavily interested in along with Italian clubs wasn't even on the bench tonight in his club's Europa League qualifier against Bangor. Just sayin' ;)

Edit; after the game the manager admitted that there was things going on and as a precaution they decided to leave him out.

What danish player? And is he likely to be joining the u23's or a genuine first team player?

What danish player? And is he likely to be joining the u23's or a genuine first team player?

Jens Odgaard. Danish forward playing for Lyngby Boldklub. I don't know much about him, but he wasn't a regular starter during the season.

EDIT: I should probably say he's 18 which might be the reason he didn't play many first team games last season. He has reportedly declined offers from rather big clubs last year too such as Dortmund and Ajax. Lately, many Italian clubs have reportedly been interested including (former) giants Inter.

WATFORD are stepping up their pursuit of Middlesbrough full-back George Friend and will be doing everything they can to tempt Garry Monk into a sale.

Friend is deemed one of the stalwarts of the Boro squad and a reliable component as Monk looks to drive a promotion charge back to the Premier League.

There is shaping up to be a number of changes at Middlesbrough following relegation and a change of manager, although Friend was not expected to be one of those to be moved on.

However, Watford are really keen to land the consistent and whole-hearted left-back, who has become a fans’ favourite during his time on Teesside since moving from Doncaster in 2012 for just £250,000.

Tony Mowbray was the man in charge at the time and he has since become a permanent fixture in the Middlesbrough team, as he was during Aitor Karanka’s three-and-a-half years in charge.

There has been strong interest from Burnley and West Brom in him since relegation from the Premier League was confirmed, and now Watford are ready to make a firm move for his services.

The Hornets, now managed by ex-Hull boss Marco Silva, had looked to sign ***nal’s Kieran Gibbs but have balked at the £15m asking price plus his Emirates wages. Friend would be a much cheaper option, given he is 29 and even though his contract runs until 2020.

Watford think they can land Friend for around the £8m mark, even though Middlesbrough have been keen to keep Friend in the Championship. Monk has already been linked with alternative options, like Leeds’ Charlie Taylor who is also interesting Burnley.

Monk has allowed Viktor Fischer to join Mainz and Antonio Barragan is on the verge of a switch to Real Betis, while he has also told Stewart Downing he can leave as a free agent.

But the Middlesbrough manager is looking to make progress on the recruitment front too, and it has emerged striker Britt Assombalonga could be available if the price is right.

There has been suggestions of a release clause after Middlesbrough’s interest emerged, while Forest boss Mark Warburton insists he would still like to keep him at the City Ground.

“I do not want Britt to go anywhere,” said Warburton. “He is a goal scorer. He showed his value at the end of last season. We know what he can do. He had to overcome a very difficult injury and has shown great character to do so. I am looking forward to working with him going forward.

“If a club comes in with a bid that represents good business for Nottingham Forest, we will do what any other club would do. But we do not want him to go anywhere. It is clear. He is working hard on the training ground.

“If a deal is on the table (for any player) that is good for Forest, that does not show a lack of ambition or desire. It is just good business practice. But right now we do not want to lose any of our better players. Far from it. But rest assured, if we do lose any players, we will make sure the quality of the team is maintained.”

Middlesbrough have confirmed, meanwhile, Jonathan Woodgate has been named the Under-18s assistant coach. He returned to the club in March after Karanka’s departure and his role was uncertain following Monk’s arrival.

There has still been no confirmation, though, about the futures of Agnew, Paul Jenkins and Leo Percovich despite apparent meetings with the hierarchy this week.

Jens Odgaard. Danish forward playing for Lyngby Boldklub. I don't know much about him, but he wasn't a regular starter during the season.

EDIT: I should probably say he's 18 which might be the reason he didn't play many first team games last season. He has reportedly declined offers from rather big clubs last year too such as Dortmund and Ajax. Lately, many Italian clubs have reportedly been interested including (former) giants Inter.

Regarded as one of the biggest talents of his agegroup right now. 6'2 striker, very strong for his age and quick too. Scored 4 goals in 17 games last season. If he comes he will no doubt be for the u23 team initially, but I can also see a loan-back for at least the first half of the season. The Danish league has more than 2 months of pause from mid-december. I'll keep up with whats happening with him.

It's Barmy how bournemouth just spent 20 million on ake blows our record signing out the window

that's what a few seasons in the premiership does for you.

We've cleared our debt, got money in the bank, and are yet to sell our any of our main players.

How close are we to this Sam Johnstone? Just had a look through the villa forums and the most complimentary they are is "average", with many saying how poor he was, even the worst keeper they've seen play for them (they had Guzan).

I don't know anything about the lad which is why I had a look. Was sorta expecting better reviews tbh. Certainly doesn't seem like a smash the league signing. He's probably worse than Ripley.

How close are we to this Sam Johnstone? Just had a look through the villa forums and the most complimentary they are is "average", with many saying how poor he was, even the worst keeper they've seen play for them (they had Guzan).

I don't know anything about the lad which is why I had a look. Was sorta expecting better reviews tbh. Certainly doesn't seem like a smash the league signing. He's probably worse than Ripley.

Remember...  These are Villa fans..  I live in Birmingham, they are more fickle than us lot.  LOL