oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Gonna put it out there I see the following still moving on

Friend

De Roon

Mejias

De Pena

Downing

Baptiste

Guedioura

ramirez

Possibly Gibbo and Traore

Massive turn around of players if most squad based

Unless this is fake Ramirez won't be staying

Ramirez is on the list

Yeah - its called backing with you on one of your picks - I agree with them all and am pretty sure some are 100% gone already

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

???????

Fabio     Ayala     Bernado     Friend

Clayton

Howson     Forshaw

???????

Bamford     Assombalonga

???????

Clayton

Howson     Forshaw

Traore                          ???????

Assombalonga

I hope to god Bernardo is nowhere near our starting 11

Friend

De Roon

Mejias

De Pena

Downing

Baptiste

Guedioura

ramirez

Ramirez is on the list

Yeah - its called backing with you on one of your picks - I agree with them all and am pretty sure some are 100% gone already

Sorry mate misread the message

???????

Clayton

Howson     Forshaw

???????

Bamford     Assombalonga

???????

Clayton

Howson     Forshaw

Traore                                        ???????

Assombalonga

Another player I think could excel at Championship level. Whilst he looked shaky at best in the PL, and a little off the pace, defending against Championship attacks is a very different proposition. Plus he has a good attitude / vocal approach to defending, which is certainly worth something.

If we keep Gibson, Ayala, Bernado and Baptiste, then I don't think we need CB reinforcements. However, if we lose Gibson, I agree we need another option. Fry doesn't seem quite ready imo and shouldn't be higher then 5th choice. And Baptiste probably shouldn't be higher then 4th.

GK - Johnstone / Ripley / Dimi

RB - Fabio / ???

CB - Ayala / Fry

CB - Flint / Bernardo

LB - ??? / ???

DM - Clayton / ???

CM - Forshaw / Guedioura

CM - Howson / Leadbitter

RW - Traore / Kent

ST - Assombalonga / Bamford / Gestede

LW - McGeady / Chapman

That's if the latest linked players were to come. I know people keep listing Bamford at RW, but from there he operates as an Inside Forward - not what Monk would want in his system. That said though, Paddy could be used as the Advanced No. 10 if we wanted to take the game to sides more throughout the season; Howson holding behind with Clayton. Would means the ???? at DM wouldn't necessarily need filling. Also assuming that George, Baptiste and Gibbo leave.

Some other names which I've not added:

Joe Bryan (LB)

Kyle Bartley (CB)

Charlie Mulgrew (CB)

Cyrus Christie (RB)

Sheyi Ojo (LW)

Friend

De Roon

Mejias

De Pena

Downing

Baptiste

Guedioura

ramirez

Ramirez is on the list

Sorry mate misread the message

Hey mate - don't worry, i do it all the time - especially if I'm reading it on my phone.

???????

Clayton

Howson     Forshaw

???????

Bamford     Assombalonga

???????

Clayton

Howson     Forshaw

Traore                                        ???????

Assombalonga

Another player I think could excel at Championship level. Whilst he looked shaky at best in the PL, and a little off the pace, defending against Championship attacks is a very different proposition. Plus he has a good attitude / vocal approach to defending, which is certainly worth something.

If we keep Gibson, Ayala, Bernado and Baptiste, then I don't think we need CB reinforcements. However, if we lose Gibson, I agree we need another option. Fry doesn't seem quite ready imo and shouldn't be higher then 5th choice. And Baptiste probably shouldn't be higher then 4th.

He also came back earlier than expected from an ACL injury so was going to be rusty as hell anyway.

I could take or leave Bernardo, myself, but I think he is worth giving another chance - after all, if someone had have only started watching Boro last season they'd think Ayala was pretty useless as well.

A season in the Championship could do Espinosa a world of good. Obviously it all depends on what Monk thinks of him in training but I think he could be an asset

Not even sure he has returned to pre season... don't know anything regarding it but he is usually very active on social Media and is quiet and never spotted him or CDP who I know has been told to actively find a new club

A season in the Championship could do Espinosa a world of good. Obviously it all depends on what Monk thinks of him in training but I think he could be an asset

Not even sure he has returned to pre season... don't know anything regarding it but he is usually very active on social Media and is quiet and never spotted him or CDP who I know has been told to actively find a new club

The club were raving about him around the time of his signing, building the anticipation by making it known that he'd turned down an huge pay rise that would have made him the highest earner in Sporting Gijon's history, while acknowledging he was still recovering from his ACL.

Bit of a strange one, must have been highly regarded at his previous club so has to be too soon to write him off yet, but wouldn't be surprised if he was to move on though as he must be in the higher earners bracket.

He was apparently getting interest from Bournemouth and Everton I think aswell.

In my eye he was most of the times a decent defender, but had moments of getting turned easily and was painfully slow.

Think he could be good at this level if I'm honest, also left footed, could be ready made replacement for Gibson.