oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

On Assombalonga think it'll drag on for sometime, they will want to sell to a prem club but he may want to come here.

Why would he want to come here over a prem club?

I'm fairly confident he wouldn't be a starter at Watford, so there's that. Would he start at Burnley, maybe, maybe not. He'd be a definite first teamer here and we may be willing to go all out on wages (which would definitely be bigger than Burnley's with their wage cap)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't discount the promise of 1st team football. I still think we've got a chance even if Watford are in for him

I see it more like... if they get Britt then Deeney will move on (can't remember the premier team interested) so he's more likely if first team football

Can't discount the promise of 1st team football. I still think we've got a chance even if Watford are in for him

I see it more like... if they get Britt then Deeney will move on (can't remember the premier team interested) so he's more likely if first team football

Fair point. If Deeney is actually moving on that changes the situation a bit. Here's hoping big Troy decides against a move again

Deeney is going to Leicester

I knew some premier league team were after him but couldn't remember who (For some reason I thought it was West Brom) but he'd suit Leicester more

That opens the door for Britt although I think it's a big step down from Deeney myself

I don't rate Deeney at all tbh. Another one of those players that are probably too good for championship not good enough for prem, plus hes a massive prat.

I don't rate Deeney at all tbh. Another one of those players that are probably too good for championship not good enough for prem, plus hes a massive prat.

I've always liked Deeney and considered him a good pro... am

I missing something??? :s

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18584603

He beat up some students.....

I fricken love this guy :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18584603

He beat up some students.....

I fricken love this guy :D

In all honesty young lads scrapping down town doesn't bother me in the slightest. However the outnumbered and kicking a man when he's down doesn't sit right with me at all

twitter saying 15m bid from Watford for Assomabolonga accepted by forest

Anyone reputable?

If Britt is going elsewhere, I'd hope we are looking for people like Ings and Callum Wilson as well as Afobe

Callum Wilson is well beyond us, and he's still out after his second cruciate ligament injury.

Bit unfair Dan... the lad has been full of remorse since coming out of prison, has repaid the faith Watford showed in him during his time behind bars and has said it was exactly the kind of smackdown back into reality he needed in order to get his life back on track. He came from a difficult upbringing and made some very poor life decisions - as I'm sure many of us have - but the important fact of the matter is that he's learnt from those mistakes and become a very reliable and well mannered guy since. Does a lot of community work, especially with young people from disadvantaged and charities. The Troy Deeney of 2017 is a vastly different man from the boy that got jail time 5 years ago, and he should be applauded for that.