oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fabio, would be no great loss if he did go. we still have friend and christie both are better than him imo.

Yep, because all we need is 2 FB's.   :rolleyes:

didnt say i'd be happy  for him to go. but if we got the 2 million we paid for him would buy a better fullback anyway. they seen to be about the cheapest position to fill.

fabio, would be no great loss if he did go. we still have friend and christie both are better than him imo.

didnt say i'd be happy  for him to go. but if we got the 2 million we paid for him would buy a better fullback anyway. they seen to be about the cheapest position to fill.

Out of curiosity - do you have anyone in mind who is a better (and available) full back for 2 mil?

£2m for a full-back who stood out as one of the better performers in our squad last season in the Premier League? Also, who we getting for £2m to replace him? Christie was only around that range because he had 12 months left on his contract and Derby (or rather Rowett) weren't keen on keeping him.

There isn't many better full backs in this division IMO, based on the fact he can play both sides. Even if he's not a guaranteed starter next year I'd rather keep him as it's 1 sub to cover 2 positions comfortably. We wouldn't in a hundred years get someone that good for 2 mil. If that story is true I'd guess it's more that he wants to leave for Brazil than us wanting him to leave

There's more talk about ex-players because we as fans are better placed to comment on their ability than players that have never played for us. We more that someone like Kalas can move to the area, settle and product a good/very good standard of performance at this level. It's a no brainer really. Can' help but think he'd cost a fair bit though.

seriously, including you-know-who and gary pallister, the ONLY player who was as good for us on return as in his original term was Colin Cooper - and he came back as a centre-back not a full -back.

Out of curiosity - do you have anyone in mind who is a better (and available) full back for 2 mil?

we just got christie for that and gunter was for even less. i bet we could get pretty much any fullback in the league for 2-3 million. now fabio might be a decent option but if he wants out then our hands are tied and we'd have to buy a replacement. i'm not saying sell him for the craic. i thought that was obvious really, why sell someone from first team squad if you dont need to.

bit vague and open for interpretation what i initially commented so i guess i deserve the interrogation  :D

we just got christie for that and gunter was for even less. i bet we could get pretty much any fullback in the league for 2-3 million. now fabio might be a decent option but if he wants out then our hands are tied and we'd have to buy a replacement. i'm not saying sell him for the craic. i thought that was obvious really, why sell someone from first team squad if you dont need to.

bit vague and open for interpretation what i initially commented so i guess i deserve the interrogation  :D

To be fair Gunter had a release clause in his contract and Christie was in the final year of his contract, so both fees were artificially low.

Christie had 12 months of his contract left and Gunter had an unbelievably low release clause that was far below his actual value (and may have possibly be running low on contract too although I'm not certain on that); that's why they were both so cheap.

To find a fullback better than Fabio for 2m you'd have to do some extensive bargain shopping.

To be fair to Fabio, he was one of the better bits of business we did last year. It would be odd for us to be offering him around but then again we do seem to be culling many of the additions we made last season so maybe he is seen as someone that also needs to be moved on.