oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

@SkySports_Keith

We understand Middlesbrough are favourites to land Sheyi Ojo on loan from Liverpool. Newcastle keen but Liverpool would prefer a Champ club.

That's disappointing when we've got Harry Chapman crying out for a chance.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Wolves are signing Afobe. Apparently had a bid accepted for 11 mil and he has been doing his medical today.

I'll be honest with a month to go i'm getting just a little twitchy regarding our attacking options. I wouldn't profess to know who our targets are but if we haven't approached Afobe, i'd be a little surprised.

If there is ANY truth to that (and I'm still not convinced there is) then we must be far down the line with at least one more full back, because there's no way we'd ditch both Fabio & Husband without guaranteed cover coming in, IMO.

Since when did Fabio go from first choice FB to reserve FB behind Christie and Friend? Fabio starts over both those guys in my book. I don't see the logic in moving Fabio on at all. Very competent in the Premier League not good enough in the Championship? Do me a favour.

Fabio was totally out of his depth in most games last season. Positonally shocking. How many times can one player have the ball played over his head and in behind.

not just me seeing fabio for what he is, hoyte with a bit more fight.  :D

Blimey, every poster on this board seems to have been a defender or goalkeeper, at whichever level they played at. Where are the flair players?

As an ex striker, I'm hoping this board can attract some more attacking options before the season starts. :)

Ojo is a weird one. Would be handy to have but he isn't ready for our first team on what I've seen and I can't see him coming here to sit on our bench.

I agree with that, but I'm confident that he will only play if he is good enough. Having Chapman and Ojo as backup on either wing isn't the worst position to be in, but I'd expect someone more proven to come in.

@SkySports_Keith

We understand Middlesbrough are favourites to land Sheyi Ojo on loan from Liverpool. Newcastle keen but Liverpool would prefer a Champ club.

It's a 46 game season, there will be plenty of chances for everyone, if they are good enough, they'll get a chance under Monk.

There is no way that the squad will stay injury free all season.

@SkySports_Keith

Ojo is left wing and Chapman have played most games as right wing which is where he has had most succes (at least according to transfermarkt). Or am I wrong here?

Blimey, every poster on this board seems to have been a defender or goalkeeper, at whichever level they played at. Where are the flair players?

As an ex striker, I'm hoping this board can attract some more attacking options before the season starts. :)

Goalkeeper and Striker here. Jack-of-some-trades

Blimey, every poster on this board seems to have been a defender or goalkeeper, at whichever  level they played at. Where are the flair players?

Excellent, a Jorge Campos type figure to lift the mood.

I'm not so sure that getting ojo means Chapman doesn't get a look in this season. If Downing goes then our current options are to deploy Ramirez on the left and......er....that's it :s

I'd rather have a Championship-ready winger on loan. If he's been brought in as a back up, it's just another route to the 1st team blocked for Chapman..

I've always been tall so I've been used as a lumbering center back and a lumbering striker. This gives me the ability to comment on both our attacking and defending options.

Blimey, every poster on this board seems to have been a defender or goalkeeper, at whichever  level they played at. Where are the flair players?

Excellent, a Jorge Campos type figure to lift the mood.

I am a fan of a loud shirt......... His tan is better than mine though

@SkySports_Keith

Ojo is left wing and Chapman have played most games as right wing which is where he has had most succes (at least according to transfermarkt). Or am I wrong here?

I think he can play either wing, certainly has played left. Right-footer.

i was a gk then a striker, then a fullback, the a striker again, the a lw, then got old, then i got unfit and was left back in the changing rooms  :D