oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Alright lads, I've been AWOL for a week - can anyone give me a round-up of where things are, and any current semi-reputable rumours?

Last I remember we were close to signing Howson and were stepping up our pursuit of Christie. I see both of those have now signed, but also Bernardo is gone? £4 million is alright considering he barely played for a year, but I'm quite disappointed with that transfer and I can't quite believe the number of players we're gonna have to recruit still. Feel like we're very thin on the ground.

And what of Assombalonga? Last I remember Burnley got a bid of petty cash and some of Sean Dyche's beard fluff rejected by Forest, but now I read about Watford...

Assombalonga is sounding more and more likely according to multiple sources.

We're going hard after goalies and have enquired after westwood, darlow and Randolph as of this point.

Also some reports of Martin braithwaite but they've gone quiet lately.

That's it for concrete rumours really right now.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, well, well..what have I missed? Looks like the Assombalonga thing is finally gathering pace and I'll tell you what, it would be a massive statement of intent if we sign him ahead of Premier League clubs.

It would, but I just have this niggle that we are gonna get hyped up over someone like Assombalonga only to find Bamford on the bench with Downing/Stuani in the starting 11 come kick off. 

Someone mentioned the other day that Traore would be a obvious last minute panic buy for a prem club, can defo see that happening. Ramirez is still unlikely to be here. We literally have *** all creativity at the moment, we could have Aguero up front and it wouldn't make any difference.

Alright lads, I've been AWOL for a week - can anyone give me a round-up of where things are, and any current semi-reputable rumours?

Last I remember we were close to signing Howson and were stepping up our pursuit of Christie. I see both of those have now signed, but also Bernardo is gone? £4 million is alright considering he barely played for a year, but I'm quite disappointed with that transfer and I can't quite believe the number of players we're gonna have to recruit still. Feel like we're very thin on the ground.

And what of Assombalonga? Last I remember Burnley got a bid of petty cash and some of Sean Dyche's beard fluff rejected by Forest, but now I read about Watford...

We're going hard after goalies and have enquired after westwood, darlow and Randolph as of this point.

Also ojo from Liverpool looks likely to come in on loan (you forgot that one ;). )

I Would say we are doing just fine. Two signings first week in Howson and Christie and now prob. Ojo and maby Assombalonga in the second week with plenty of good players rumoured around the club. Seeing the quality this season compaird to last season Im really exited.

Well, well, well..what have I missed? Looks like the Assombalonga thing is finally gathering pace and I'll tell you what, it would be a massive statement of intent if we sign him ahead of Premier League clubs.

It would, but I just have this niggle that we are gonna get hyped up over someone like Assombalonga only to find Bamford on the bench with Downing/Stuani in the starting 11 come kick off. 

Someone mentioned the other day that Traore would be a obvious last minute panic buy for a prem club, can defo see that happening. Ramirez is still unlikely to be here. We literally have *** all creativity at the moment, we could have Aguero up front and it wouldn't make any difference.

Bamford has the footballing ability and vision to play out right or in the hole behind Britt, I wouldn't worry, Paddy will play.

If we've planned to have traore in the team then unless we have a replacement lined up I doubt we'd let him go last minute, we've turned big bids down before and we'd do it again. We are so short there that if we did let him go then it's stuani time.

Bamford has the footballing ability and vision to play out right or in the hole behind Britt, I wouldn't worry, Paddy will play.

Hope so, just feels a little like we are putting a ton of effort into a position we don't really need and ignoring the 3 behind which has been a problem for ages.

Our weakness over the last few years are creativity in the attacking third. Ramirez helped solve that partly during the promotion spring but last year summer we didn't solve it and we have still not replaced Adomah properly. Traore is raw so need alt and he might leave as well.

On the left we have only downing and chapman. So need 2 players on the left that can play and create chances. Same one on the right or 2 if traore goes. In the middle we have Ramirez and Howson but need one if Ramirez goes.

Creativity and creating goal scoring chances kind of player like Jota should be highest priority for me. Bamford, gestede and Stuani can all finish but who will create any chances ??

Also ojo from Liverpool looks likely to come in on loan (you forgot that one ;). )

Yep you're right! Other than that I think I got them all :p

I think Gaston might be properly back in the fold. Whether he should be or not is up for debate, but if he's here and playing behind the striker, with Howson or even Downing as backup, we don't need anyone else for the No 10 role.

Hope so, just feels a little like we are putting a ton of effort into a position we don't really need and ignoring the 3 behind which has been a problem for ages.

Like Tom has said, I think Gaston is back in the mix. He's in almost every training ground picture coming from Portugal. If Monk has his head right we know that he's easily the best #10 in the league.

I think Gaston might be properly back in the fold. Whether he should be or not is up for debate, but if he's here and playing behind the striker, with Howson or even Downing as backup, we don't need anyone else for the No 10 role.

I really wouldn't want to go into the season with just Gaston and Downing as our two no 10s. Howson should be playing CM. Definatley need someone else. Hopefully Downing leaves and his wages can be spent on someone better.

So nothing new. They could have written that article in one sentence. "Since you last read about Darlow nothing has happened"

Not necessarily. The fact it's sufficient far advanced that they won't play him in friendlies adds some fuel to the fire that it's a serious proposal from us.