oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Remember Thomas Meunier? Belgian RB we were apparently close to signing before he went to PSG? Yeah? ... Looks like he's off to Real Madrid.

If only we'd got Lindelhof and Meunier over the line...

Harry Maguire too...

Gary Gill and his team have got a lot to answer for...

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember Thomas Meunier? Belgian RB we were apparently close to signing before he went to PSG? Yeah? ... Looks like he's off to Real Madrid.

Harry Maguire too...

Surely Gills job is to identify targets not sign them? Is that not a job for the manager\chairman?

Harry Maguire too...

Surely Gills job is to identify targets not sign them? Is that not a job for the manager\chairman?

you missed the sarcasm :D

can see it now,

gill - i've identified a list of right backs here is the list steve.

orta- no no no this no good sign barragan.

thank good hes gone. gill as much as we complain about the scouting team had without doubt identified a lot of very good players with high potential.

Leeds fans on twitter making fun of us for only having 50 fans at the game in Portugal.

How pathetic do you want to get.

I'll settle for just short of caring what Leeds fans say on twitter  ;)

Harry Maguire too...

you missed the sarcasm :D

Well ***ing ***ing ***ing *** me

Apologies Humpty

Got a little tidbit last night. A mate of mine worked closely with Randolph for some time, so I was asking him about his ability and discussing keepers. Anyway as the chat went on he was telling me how we made a last ditch phone call to Nathaniel Chalobah (they're close friends) to try to get him here rather than Watford. Now obviously that didn't materialize but what I took from that is that we are still active in the market (as of this week) for another centre mid.

As I say nothing overly exciting but I thought I'd mention it since I found it interesting!

Pretty concerned about the Assombalonga deal to be honest... 3 Million a year on wages, which means his contract could be worth about 25million altogether. Last year we were in the Championship our total revenue for the year was 21.6million. What if his knee gives out again? and what happens when the parachute payments stop if we don't get promoted?

He may bring the most important factor to the squad which is goals, but with 4 other strikers on the books is there anyone there to supply him if we're playing him, Braithwaite and Bamford at the same time? All 3 of those players get dispossessed a lot, feels like we'd be better playing Gestede up top as a focal point and having these pacey players running off of him. He hasn't really had a chance it either Villa or Boro, I'd like to see him get a run of starts to see if he can replicate his strike rate at Blackburn, seems like the archetypal Garry Monk front man.

I really hope I'm wrong and Assombalonga is the signing that secures us promotion, because obviously the talent is there, just feels like a bit of a risk to me.

^ I think last season shutdown the idea of a big bean-pole striker. With 1 up-top, the player has to have the legs to get inbehind and stretch defences. It was even evident during the friendly vs Oxford, we looked a different team with Bamford upfront instead of Gestede.

Lazio had a big accepted for Lucas at 5mil, they wont want MdR anymore.

stewy was/is on 50k a week isnt he? 51k a week was the figure i heard when he signed for us. if we are shipping out stewy and grant the wage bill will still be less overall even if we did sign britt.

i can see us trimming that wage bill even further. the squad size will be smaller but with quality not quantity. like the catastrophe last summer when we signed loads of squad players and barely strengthened. we did improve the 1st 11 but with minimal effect.

guerdioura will be next to go, he is dross.

stewy was/is on 50k a week isnt he? 51k a week was the figure i heard when he signed for us. if we are shipping out stewy and grant the wage bill will still be less overall even if we did sign britt.

i can see us trimming that wage bill even further. the squad size will be smaller but with quality not quantity. like the catastrophe last summer when we signed loads of squad players and barely strengthened. we did improve the 1st 11 but with minimal effect.

guerdioura will be next to go, he is dross.

I think he had two years left on 70k at WH so we offered him 35k over 4 years so he wouldn't lose out financially. His wages probably increased upon promotion but is likely down to 35k again - which is obviously way too much for a squad player.