oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Kyle Walker has gone to City for about £50million record fee for a defender

Crazy bonucci cost 10 million less

Crazy Bonucci, isn't he an Italian mafia boss?

I seem to remember he had small part in the Goodfellas movie

Ah that's right. He was the cousin.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Translation say Burnley have now matched our bid and its up to the player. Few hours earlier this account said that Britt was set to sign for us.

Dont think that accounts well connected. Previous tweet said he would sign for us in the coming hours. Prob just going off the newspapers

Hope not, because surely he'll pick PL over us even if it is Burnley and they off him less wages. Guess we'll see soon

Not sure many Championship footballers would turn down £60k a week.

So with Roberts in the defence roster, currently we have:

RB - Christie / Roberts

CB - Ayala / Baptiste

CB - Gibson / Fry

LB - Friend / Fabio

Still feel like we are a CB short.

Are we after Bartley?

We have that mahmutovic as a backup also, but still seems a little light unless a few kids really step up.

That Mahmutovic lad looked pretty good against Oxford. Early signs are he could develop into a canny little player...

Translation say Burnley have now matched our bid and its up to the player. Few hours earlier this account said that Britt was set to sign for us.

Dont think that accounts well connected. Previous tweet said he would sign for us in the coming hours. Prob just going off the newspapers

Hope not, because surely he'll pick PL over us even if it is Burnley and they off him less wages. Guess we'll see soon

That's Brunners' logic too, KM, I hope you are both right.

That's Brunners' logic too, KM, I hope you are both right.

FTR I do understand your point of view as well; I just feel that footballers careers are so short the vast majority of them will take the money where they can; especially with agents whispering in their ears. 

I'm not saying he WON'T take no extra money for a guaranteed year in the Prem, I just think it's unlikely.

So with Roberts in the defence roster, currently we have:

RB - Christie / Roberts

CB - Ayala / Baptiste

CB - Gibson / Fry

LB - Friend / Fabio

Still feel like we are a CB short.

Are we after Bartley?

We have that mahmutovic as a backup also, but still seems a little light unless a few kids really step up.

That Mahmutovic lad looked pretty good against Oxford. Early signs are he could develop into a canny little player...

I thought he looked awful. Despite his clear aerial advantage he won no headers and looked even slower than Bernardo.

Not sure many Championship players would turn down Premier League football.

Why do people think money talks so much when choosing between leagues? The difference isn't like the PL and China. It's not that significant.

I used to get paid a ton to do web development. The financial aspects would have grown even bigger over a short period too. But when it came to doing what I actually wanted to do, games development, I sacrificed all the financial benefits. Because when the options are there, you want to ply your trade where you feel you're challenged the most.

Might want to get on burnley at 5~1 to sign him soften the blow

Hope not! Have you heard anything Raf?

Yes britt now has options money or premiership football! Neither offer has been accepted though.

Might want to get on burnley at 5~1 to sign him soften the blow

Hope not! Have you heard anything Raf?

Yes britt now has options money or premiership football! Neither offer has been accepted though.

I would imagine that forest are more likely to want to accept Burnley's offer than sell to a rival.

They are playing games i personally dont think they have any intention of selling to us. I get the impression we are being used to get premier teams involved we need to move on now.