oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

i've been thinking about the assombalonga deal further and another scenario entered my thoughts. by bidding so high we are leaving the other champo clubs out of it. so they wont get him but here is the twist. we dont want him. we are using britt to help force some other club to sell their top striker. forest know the plan they are in on it. it helps drum up interest in britt for them so they get a good deal after we pull out and then britt is sold for less, making clubs think its a bargain 12mill or whatever.

what other striker could we be after, fast, strong, mobile? or none at all even.

Afobe hopefully, maybe even zohore.

Hehe Zohore. That's a good joke. Certainly had me in stitches.

I think Christian Eriksen is the only other Danish player we should be trying to sign.... And I would rate that as 'unlikely'.

Having said that Schmeichel would be good too.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've been thinking about the assombalonga deal further and another scenario entered my thoughts. by bidding so high we are leaving the other champo clubs out of it. so they wont get him but here is the twist. we dont want him. we are using britt to help force some other club to sell their top striker. forest know the plan they are in on it. it helps drum up interest in britt for them so they get a good deal after we pull out and then britt is sold for less, making clubs think its a bargain 12mill or whatever.

what other striker could we be after, fast, strong, mobile? or none at all even.

BD - does that mean he's rubbish, or are you laughing because we couldn't get him?  Genuine question.

Zohore ain't bad actually. I'd be disappointed with us turning to him after Assombalonga but he ain't no joke.

It's because he is one of the worst footballer I have ever seen. Granted he had a good season last year but I'd be extremely disappointed if he is the kind of player we're looking at.

Forest fan in one of the nationals comments section a while ago saying he only trains 3 days a week and based on the type of player he is after that major injury he will struggle in later years especially with knocks and recoveries.

Hmmm. Will be very interesting to see what our Docs say when he has his medical.

I wonder if we could do better with our £15M??

I'd rather we base our decision on the doctors findings as opposed to a random supporters uneducated guess :) I struggle to think he only trains three days a week

Which is why I said it will be interesting to see what our Docs say.

I still think that there might be other good (or better) options out there for £15M

Like who?

Assombalonga is our number 1 striker target it's so so obvious. Gazette haven't stopped banging on about him ever since it was revealed we were after him.

after watched a chunk of the second half tonight. christie and traore are both very physical on that right side, strong, athletic, both fast and good dribblers. all the play went through them. exciting.

just another observation. we pressed hard from the front. chesterfield really struggled to keep the ball and barely got out of their half because of it.

I'd love to get Adrian I think he'd be a far better option than Randolph.

Interesting that traore was one of the most influential players again considering how bad he apparently is.

Don't know whether it's been mentioned yet but Adlene Guedioura played for the U23s today at Bishop Auckland. What a pathetic signing that has turned out to be and we'll do well to get our money back for him now.

And the legendary Carlos de Pena is back at Rockliffe. He's been busy updating his instagram with his day to day activities.

Don't know whether it's been mentioned yet but Adlene Guedioura played for the U23s today at Bishop Auckland. What a pathetic signing that has turned out to be and we'll do well to get our money back for him now.

And the legendary Carlos de Pena is back at Rockliffe. He's been busy updating his instagram with his day to day activities.

Guediora should of seen Red as well for punching opponent

Im firmly in the 'keep traore' camp. I want to see what monk and his team can do with him. They managed to get better results from previous underperformers at leeds (wood, doukara to name a couple) and I reckon they might be able to bring something special out of him.