oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stuani over Gestede for Me

I'd have it the other way round personally. I know Gestede gets a lot of stick, but he wins everything in the air and provides us with another option if we need it.

Boro closing in on Britt Assombalonga , hearing Forest striker due for medical in north east @MirrorFootball

From a daily mirror journalist on twitter. 22k followers.

Beat me to it. Hopefully he passes it

Would be a bit embarrassing if the club do all the pictures of him at Rockliffe like our other signings so far only for him to fail it...

I think the deals are already complete before the club starts to posting the pictures. Helps to drum up interest and publicity in the deal.

Boro closing in on Britt Assombalonga , hearing Forest striker due for medical in north east @MirrorFootball

Would be a bit embarrassing if the club do all the pictures of him at Rockliffe like our other signings so far only for him to fail it...

I think the deals are already complete before the club starts to posting the pictures. Helps to drum up interest and publicity in the deal.

This is correct. The deals all done before they start putting stuff on social media. The tour and medical updates are just a marketing exercise

I hope he does but if he doesn't we have to trust the doctors, can't invest that kind of money if there's any doubt.

From Paul Taylor, a Nottingham Post journo:

'On a late shift... feels like I've got into the office with perfect timing. Some movement with Britt and Boro. Sounds like £££ talks #nffc'

'Waiting for a call back to confirm, but suggestion is that he could be having a medical as soon as this afternoon.'

Unless they are playing games, it sounds like it's moving forward. Exciting times...

'On a late shift... feels like I've got into the office with perfect timing. Some movement with Britt and Boro. Sounds like £££ talks #nffc'

'Waiting for a call back to confirm, but suggestion is that he could be having a medical as soon as this afternoon.'

Unless they are playing games, it sounds like it's moving forward. Exciting times...

Now comes the hardest part imo.. If his knee is as bad as has been reported in the past he'll likely fail the medical

Now comes the hardest part imo.. If his knee is as bad as has been reported in the past he'll likely fail the medical

"Likely fail" is a bit doom ***er-y. I'm sure they'll run every possible test on his knee but players who've had bad injuries pass medicals all the time. Hell, we signed Bernardo and he wasn't even recovered yet! (Although admittedly on a free.)