oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Have to say, will never understand the anti-Stuani brigade. He pops up with crucial contributions, has a solid scoring record and generally has been played out of position with us. I do not expect him to star in our starting line-up, but in my opinion he is a very useful player that i'd very much like us to keep hold of.

And that makes him a saleable asset, IF the club want to cash in and Monk doesn't fancy him

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because he will look like an absolute donkey for about 5 games then get a goal for a 1-0.

Tbh I think stuani was more a scapegoat for our lack of quality signings last season, he took the brunt of the frustration from the fans. Similar to giroud, good player but ***nal fans hate him, not because of ability but because wenger wouldn't sign a top class striker.

People are anti-Stuani for his right-midfield role in a deep 4-5-1. Don't think many people actually think he's a bad player outright.

That is not how he played or was asked to play, don't want to have the argument in this thread though haha

Woah, In response to the above posts. Not singling anyone out. Just more of a general feeling. I consider him a useful asset. And, yes, if Monk chooses to sell I wouldn't kick up a fuss because he has his own vision.

aestethically stuani is the worst forward thinking player we had last season, don't think you can question that, never looks like he really has the ball under control, looks like his feet can't keep up with his brain, yet he scores big goals and has decent movement in the box, if it was him or gestede as our 3rd choice striker not sure who id have, both have very little technical ability but have their strengths that you play to, as long as he is never played wide right we might see the best of him when he gets a chance this season.

Can't believe we announced this at 9:20pm - holy moly lads! Love that kid's Katy Perry Roar themed chant from Twitter as well:

He name is Assombalonga, he comes from the Congo,

he's injured no longer, and you're gonna see him scooore!

Superb, how many more do we realistically think?

Three ie GK,CB and winger, then reassess if we lose players

Yep. That would be my guess too. I'll take one or two of those as loan deals though to save some cash.

Agree as well. I'd want 2 CBs if Gibson goes, and would be good if the winger could cover no. 10 otherwise we may need one more there too. But I may just be being greedy. :D

Think we can afford to lose De Roon without a replacement - Howson, Clayton, Forshaw, Leadbitter more than good enough. And (I'm gonna be lynched for this) I think people are forgetting how good Guedioura was for Watford last time he played in the Championship. He was complete cack for us in the PL, but was always onto a loser after the way he came in and the situation the team was in. I'm prepared to give him a fresh chance, personally.

I'm guessing there is absolutely no chance of Chris Wood then??? As glad about that as I am the BA signing

Why would you want Chris Wood when we just signed Assombalonga and also have Paddy and Gestede & even Stuani at a stretch.

Spend another 15m+ plus on a striker? :D

Tudders seems to be saying he's happy there is no chance of getting Wood

I read it that he was glad about the Assombalonga signing but would have liked Chris Wood.

personally im massively relieved we didnt end up with Wood.

I'm guessing there is absolutely no chance of Chris Wood then??? As glad about that as I am the BA signing

Why would you want Chris Wood when we just signed Assombalonga and also have Paddy and Gestede & even Stuani at a stretch.

Spend another 15m+ plus on a striker? :D

Tudders seems to be saying he's happy there is no chance of getting Wood

I read it that he was glad about the Assombalonga signing but would have liked Chris Wood.

personally im massively relieved we didnt end up with Wood.

Yeah this. Thought there was a chaance we would chase him when we got monk. Overjoyed we haven't.

If it came down to selling one of either Gestede or Stuani I'd sell Gestede, for his massive height and size he's not as good in the air as he should be and with the ball at his feet he's like Bambi on ice as cliche as it sounds.

Can't believe we announced this at 9:20pm - holy moly lads! Love that kid's Katy Perry Roar themed chant from Twitter as well:

He name is Assombalonga, he comes from the Congo,

he's injured no longer, and you're gonna see him scooore!

Superb, how many more do we realistically think?

Three ie GK,CB and winger, then reassess if we lose players

Yep. That would be my guess too. I'll take one or two of those as loan deals though to save some cash.

Agree as well. I'd want 2 CBs if Gibson goes, and would be good if the winger could cover no. 10 otherwise way may need one more there too. But I may just be being greedy. :D

Think we can afford to lose De Roon without a replacement - Howson, Clayton, Forshaw, Leadbitter more than good enough. And (I'm gonna be lynched for this) I think people are forgetting how good Guedioura was for Watford last time he played in the Championship. He was complete cack for us in the PL, but was always onto a loser after the way he came in and the situation the team was in. I'm prepared to give him a fresh chance, personally.

Its been a wonderful night and now you go and spoil it!!!

Its been a wonderful night and now you go and spoil it!!!

:blush:

If we are to lose downing and de roon I'd have a go at getting sessegnon from Fulham. Very young but raw talent and could play left or number 10. That would be a huge ask though

He just signed a new contract at Fulham, not a chance he's going anywhere for less than £20/25m

People are anti-Stuani for his right-midfield role in a deep 4-5-1. Don't think many people actually think he's a bad player outright.

That is not how he played or was asked to play, don't want to have the argument in this thread though haha

I think I get what you're saying in how he played like an inside forward or perhaps a Raumdeuter if you prefer (like Dirk Kuyt played at Liverpool). Correct me if I'm wrong.

But in the Premier League that rarely happened. In fact it rarely happened in the Championship in the 2nd half of the promotion season once teams figured Stuani out. We barely allowed him to get beyond the half way line last season.