oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

In the transfer section of the sun today Boro are close to completing the £15million capture of Britt Assombalonga

I hope we get him.. Although I'm not sure he'd pass a medical..

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me:

GK - Ripley

RB - Christie

CB - Ayala

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

CM - Howson

CM - Clayton

RW - Traore

AM - Ramirez

LW - Braithwaite

ST - Assombalonga

With the current crop.

Is gaston staying now? Sorry it been a busy summer and haven't been keeping tabs things

In the transfer section of the sun today Boro are close to completing the £15million capture of Britt Assombalonga

I hope we get him.. Although I'm not sure he'd pass a medical..

I wouldn't count the chickens before they hatch, his medical has almost hit 20 hours long now, will hopefully receive word soon! I'm sure the Sun will be the first on the scene as usual!

For me:

GK - Ripley

RB - Christie

CB - Ayala

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

CM - Howson

CM - Clayton

RW - Traore

AM - Ramirez

LW - Braithwaite

ST - Assombalonga

With the current crop.

With the personnel we have now this is also the team I would play.

For me:

GK - Ripley

RB - Christie

CB - Ayala

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

CM - Howson

CM - Clayton

RW - Traore

AM - Ramirez

LW - Braithwaite

ST - Assombalonga

With the current crop.

With the personnel we have now this is also the team I would play.

If we get a new keeper that's a hell of a team for the championship

Our team is looking pretty insane for the champo atm, however we need to remember that as it stands we have a best case scenario regarding people leaving. Unfortunately If Gibson (probably still a good chance he goes) and Ramirez (seems like a straight 50/50 atm) leave we won't be able to replace these players with equal quality no matter how much money we throw at it. 

For me MDR will almost certainly leave, his sale will likely balance our net spend which is pretty dam great business by us, he will also have much less of a impact on the first team as there is very to choose from between him and Clayton, especially in the champo where MDR extra mobility isn't as noticeable. 

Think Tom? mentioned a few pages back and I agree that our only major business now will be replacing leavers if or when MDR/Gibbo/Gaston/Traore leave.

For me:

GK - Ripley

RB - Christie

CB - Ayala

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

CM - Howson

CM - Clayton

RW - Traore

AM - Ramirez

LW - Braithwaite

ST - Assombalonga

With the current crop.

With the sturdy base of Friend, Ayala, Gibson and Clayton from our promotion season with Christie and Ripley possible improvements (also Fabio as a third choice!), I think we have a better defense than two seasons ago. Then beyond that the new look attack has so much quality in it that Bamford may not even be a guaranteed starter! We will obviously concede more goals this season than under Karanka, but hopefully we'll also blow teams away with our attack!

I must say I've gone from wanting Ramirez out at all costs to looking forward to him marshal the attack, don't think there is a more talented number 10 in the league, he grabbed us by the scruff of the neck when he came in January and dragged us over the line to promotion.

I don't think Traore will leave. There have been no noises from his camp and I don't think any team will be willing to meet our 15+ million valuation for a player that still has a lot of question marks over his head. There also comes a time when we will run out of time to get a replacement in. It doesn't look like we are ready to budge at our valuation even if the other club has someone we want (Darlow), and in reality I don't think a club is willing to gamble 15 million on him.

The Times are saying WBA are going to turn their attention to Gibson. Can't see them spending 25 mil on a player although it would be a decent move for Gibson.

For me:

GK - Ripley

RB - Christie

CB - Ayala

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

CM - Howson

CM - Clayton

RW - Traore

AM - Ramirez

LW - Braithwaite

ST - Assombalonga

With the current crop.

I am sorry but I still wouldn't have Ramirez in my team after what he done to the boro - i kinda blame him for last season!! I rather Bamford play instead of him!! Get Darlow and I will be the happiest man on earth :) 

So what positions do we need to fill now do you boys think?

GK - Dimi/Ripley/Mejias - Maybe 1 new long term keeper..

RB - Christie/Fabio - Seems covered to me

CB - Ayala/Gibson/Fry/Baptiste - Maybe 1 more although friend can play CB at a push!

LB - Friend/Fabio

CM - MDR/Clayton/Leadbitter/Howson/Forshaw/Guediora - Seems sorted to me

LW - Downing - Need someone in here!

RW - Adama/Bamford/Braithwaite/Stuani- Seems sorted

CAM - Gaston/Bamford/Braithwaite/ - Seems Sorted

ST - Gestede/Bamford/Britt - Seems sorted

What are your thoughts chaps?

LM needed unless Braithwaite can play there.

GK needed.

CB - Given our luck in previous seasons with injuries.

It's hilarious reading the response from the Forest fans on Twitter, some are calling it a sideways or downward step!

Most of the others are being quite abusive!!

Some football fans take the game way too seriously :)

I have a lot of sympathy for Forest fans and I will forgive them venting in this instance (they don't really mean it ;) ). Nottingham has been my adopted home for going on 20 years and I love the place (and the people, they are more northern than they know :p ). Its staggering really the situation that Nottingham Forest finds itself in after their successful, albeit short lived history.

I consider them a massive club but one not doing much. They have had a torrid time under Fawez and the fans remember those glory days fondly and they are right to be gutted at what the club became. I truly hope they can sort themselves out under the new management and there is every sign that they can and will.

Its easy to forget just how well run Middlesbrough is as a club, I imagine that a massive part of BA's decision was made the very second he saw that, especially coming from a club that is emerging from the mess that its recent upper management team has left it in. He even said it felt "just right" the the minute he walked in.

I'm 100% Boro and always will be but for whatever reason I'm also really fond of Forest, I don't know if that is the Clough connection or what. Its quite weird though because I made the decision to move here having never stepped foot in the place.

For me:

GK - Ripley

RB - Christie

CB - Ayala

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

CM - Howson

CM - Clayton

RW - Traore

AM - Ramirez

LW - Braithwaite

ST - Assombalonga

With the current crop.

I am sorry but I still wouldn't have Ramirez in my team after what he done to the boro - i kinda blame him for last season!! I rather Bamford play instead of him!! Get Darlow and I will be the happiest man on earth :) 

Poor summer and January recruitment is the reason we got relegated, it can't be pinned down to the lack of effort of one player.

So what positions do we need to fill now do you boys think?

GK - Dimi/Ripley/Mejias - Maybe 1 new long term keeper..

RB - Christie/Fabio - Seems covered to me

CB - Ayala/Gibson/Fry/Baptiste - Maybe 1 more although friend can play CB at a push!

LB - Friend/Fabio

CM - MDR/Clayton/Leadbitter/Howson/Forshaw/Guediora - Seems sorted to me

LW - Downing - Need someone in here!

RW - Adama/Bamford/Braithwaite/Stuani- Seems sorted

CAM - Gaston/Bamford/Braithwaite/ - Seems Sorted

ST - Gestede/Bamford/Britt - Seems sorted

What are your thoughts chaps?

LM needed unless Braithwaite can play there.

GK needed.

CB - Given our luck in previous seasons with injuries.

Think Braithwaite plays LW as opposed to the right. Sheyi Ojo in on loan to add to there.