oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Very happy with Assombalonga, the one player I wanted us to sign as soon as we went down. £15m might be a bit steep, but as long as he stays fit I'm sure he'll be worth every penny.

I don't think we'll get far with Murphy. Norwich fans are already disappointed with his brother being sold and I doubt they would be happy selling to a divisional rival for half of the price of his brother especially when they have every reason to believe he is better. Only way it comes off is if they're really struggling for cash.

As for Brahimi, I have no idea what we're going for there. 4 goals and 2 assists in 80+ games in a league that is probably inferior to ours. I know you can't judge a player just on statistics, but those are some awful numbers. Too old to be one of those cheap signings we stick in the U23s as well.

Ecstatic if Downing leaves, only Harry Redknapp would make this deal.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sick of seeing these South American tweets mentioning us then realising it's just about Fabio haha.

And the brahimi everyone was talking about isn't the one that was on trial, it was some 16 year old.

I think you've pretty much covered all bases there, I'd expect Downing to leave today and maybe up our search in a LW I'm doubtful about us getting Murphy as I can't see us paying 12m for him and I think that's what Norwich want but let's see. More likely to be someone in on loan

He's okay but £15m, really! Just my opinion of course but from what i have seen of him i would say he is probably on a par with Bamford and i wouldn't be paying anything like that for him. In Braithwaite i think we have got him at a fair price. I think he is far more talented than Assombalonga. This signing does confuse me though as to what style Monk intends to play.

I'm amazed if you've watched enough of braithwaite to know he's a fair price and more talented.

I doubt you've actually watched a single toulouse game, right?

Just hearing on talksport that leeds are potentially offloading rob green. I would love ripley to get a chance but many saying we need another keeper and putting 2 and 2 together with the Leeds link......is there any chance we'll move in for him? And would people like this to happen???

So what today then?

Downing to leave

Stuani to join Bernard

More Murphy rumours

Keeper rumours

CB rumours

What do we reckon, any more positions that need resolved?

I think today we will see Downing go for definite and also maybe a keeper join/medical. I'm basing that purely on reading in between the lines of Hart going to West Ham and a West Ham keeper going to Newcastle

Just hearing on talksport that leeds are potentially offloading rob green. I would love ripley to get a chance but many saying we need another keeper and putting 2 and 2 together with the Leeds link......is there any chance we'll move in for him? And would people like thus to happen???

No thanks

So what today then?

Downing to leave

Stuani to join Bernard

More Murphy rumours

Keeper rumours

CB rumours

What do we reckon, any more positions that need resolved?

If you change Murphy to a more generic winger rumour then I think you've covered everything, as I don't think Sheyi Ojo's future is resolved yet.

Can we get rid of Mejias, de Pena and Guedioura this week as well please!

We've been linked with Rob Green previously in the window; not from any majorly reliable sources though. Flahavan worked wonders with Green last season - improved his reflexes no end. But still, he'd be pretty low down on my list of targets.

I've gone off Darlow simply because of the way in which Newcastle are conducting themselves in the deal. Bentley at Brentford is a great young keeper, but can't remember wether he was actually linked or featured in one of those 'opinion pieces.'

Westwood and Randolph are two names that seem to have stuck. I'd have either of those ahead of Green.

CT isn't allowed to just 'like' a signing, he's got a reputation to uphold.

I just like to see a player playing great for us before I decide that he's a great signing.  I think some people on here are so desperate to be seen as knowledgeable that they rush into proclaiming so much of our business as great.  I'm happy enough to wait and see.

I totally agree with CT on this one. Rhodes had/has a slightly better record than Assomalonga, and yet many don't really think that Rhodes did it for us. Assombalonga still has to prove he can.

I'm looking forward to seeing him try though!!