oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he is actually bad at claiming crosses I have a feeling that could be a big negative in the championship.

hes miles better than guzan, dimi and young rippers. valdes was poor at claiming crosses. he's an upgrade and we are complaining. its a bit ott for me.

randolph is decent all round from what i recall but has a blunder in him. but hes capable of having games were he looks unbeatable. hes the best keeper we've had since the big aussie.

If we keep Ben Gibson and Ayala stays fit then Monk coukd probably play himself in goal and still keep lots of clean sheets.

yes totally. like dimi was. dimi had to claim a number of long balls etc with the pccassional long ranger to tip wide. if randolf had similar activity he'd look unbeatable ever game because unlike dimi hes bloomin had to beat from range.

If he is actually bad at claiming crosses I have a feeling that could be a big negative in the championship.

hes miles better than guzan, dimi and young rippers. valdes was poor at claiming crosses. he's an upgrade and we are complaining. its a bit ott for me.

randolph is decent all round from what i recall but has a blunder in him. but hes capable of having games were he looks unbeatable. hes the best keeper we've had since the big aussie.

Every keeper has a blunder in them (exept Buffon). Just last month Loris gifted Sweden a goal.

Every keeper has a blunder in them (exept Buffon). Just last month Loris gifted Sweden a goal.

Um.

Um.

#fakenews Buffon doesn't make mistakes. It was tounge in cheek though because you can obviously find costly mistakes with any keeper. Just like you will find missed sitters by even the best of strikers and stray passes by the best of passers. It's just that keeper mistakes are often highlighted if it leads directly to a goal.

Um.

#fakenews Buffon doesn't make mistakes. It was tounge in cheek though because you can obviously find costly mistakes with any keeper. Just like you will find missed sitters by even the best of strikers and stray passes by the best of passers. It's just that keeper mistakes are often highlighted if it leads directly to a goal.

For me he has to do well enough behind one of the divisions top defences for a minimum of one season. If we can gain promotion and he has been average I personally feel GM would address that. Same applies when January window opens. He is an international and should have enough ability to get us up a level surrounded by a solid back 6 almost. For all of the other activity in this window, if this is our biggest disappointment then I for one am still smiling. Don't know much about him or goalkeeping but im happy if he comes on board.

The biggest challenge for Monk is keeping/ building the defence. We look far stronger at the top end of the pitch than we were last time in the Championship and if we can keep our back four together things will look very promising.

If we lose Gibson and Ayala can't stay fit things could be very challenging. Also will Friend get his fitness and form back?

My other concern is getting the team to gel, we are making lots of changes and this will be even more of an issue if we make changes at centre back as well.

The Sun just put up a story linking us to Jordan Obita between him and Joe Brien that's 2 LM/LB links in the past 2 days must be a position we're really trying to strengthen since the CB links have all gone cold at the moment.

Funny how quite it is this morning considering Downing should be close to an exit, three Spanish teams are in talks with Stuani and he's in Spain, we've told Norwich we will improve our bid for Murphy and we've had a bid accepted for Randolph. That's lot of action and everything is just quite. But then again who knows how much of that is true :)