oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Class sign off

I totally agree, as a player he may have been limited but at least he gave every effort, unlike some others. As can be seen by his comments he certainly isn't limited as a person. I hope he does well.

Awful winger, great person.  Might have been a decent striker.  We'll never know.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The AK project is almost dismantled.  Who left now, of his failed experiment... Mejias, Guedioura, and...

Im not sure I see it as a failed experiment, many of his signings added value to what we already had, with the exception of the last window when I recruitment was awful, when it needed to be spot on to keep us up.

All managers (or accurately clubs) make poor signings, but overall I actually think the signings made under AK were predominantly successful.

Clayton, Ayala, Bamford, Traore, Gestede, Gaston are all still here too.

Stuani could have done a job this season, and maybe would have done for a different manager. He doesn't fit Monk's plans, fair enough.

I don't think of his signing as a failure at all.

The AK project is almost dismantled. Who left now, of his failed experiment... Mejias, Guedioura, and...

We are infinitely better off now than before AK came in. And Clayton, traore, Ramirez, Bamford, de roon, Gestede are still here while he turned Gibson into one of best players in recent years and also vastly improved Ayala and friend. A lot of his good work is still benefitting the club.

Last summer has largely been dismantled and rightly so.

MIDDLESBROUGH have agreed a £5m deal for West Ham goalkeeper Darren Randolph, but Cristhian Stuani has left the Riverside to join Spanish side Girona.

Randolph's arrival ends Garry Monk’s search for a new shot-stopper, which has been a key priority all summer following the departure of Victor Valdes and Brad Guzan.

The 30-year-old has flown back from Austria, where he helped West Ham beat Fulham on Thursday night, and is set to undergo a medical at Boro's Rockliffe Park training ground this weekend.

Boro had looked at a number of goalkeeping options, including Newcastle's Karl Darlow and Sheffield Wednesday's Keiren Westwood, but Monk was always keen to sign Randolph if possible.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/15427663.Middlesbrough__One_in__one_out_the_Riverside/

MIDDLESBROUGH have agreed a £5m deal for West Ham goalkeeper Darren Randolph, but Cristhian Stuani has left the Riverside to join Spanish side Girona.

Randolph's arrival ends Garry Monk’s search for a new shot-stopper, which has been a key priority all summer following the departure of Victor Valdes and Brad Guzan.

The 30-year-old has flown back from Austria, where he helped West Ham beat Fulham on Thursday night, and is set to undergo a medical at Boro's Rockliffe Park training ground this weekend.

Boro had looked at a number of goalkeeping options, including Newcastle's Karl Darlow and Sheffield Wednesday's Keiren Westwood, but Monk was always keen to sign Randolph if possible.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/15427663.Middlesbrough__One_in__one_out_the_Riverside/

Glad the source isn't the daily mail!!!. Still not sure just based on the price. But then I suppose assombalonga shouldn't cost as much as Barca paid for the original Ronaldo but he did. All relative I guess. Good signing based on ability but had hoped Ripley would have been given the shirt

The club have agreed a deal in principle with West Ham United to sign goalkeeper Darren Randolph, subject to a medical and personal terms.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/boro-agree-deal-with-west-ham-for-darren-randolph

I would like to sign Randolph but the significant lack of a fee on that page disappoints me so much I'd rather us sign Wayne Shaw instead.

Excellent. Good that we don't have any position where we desperately need strengthening for the first team. Need some good cover for defense and AM/wing but it's not so pressing so we can take time to negotiate the perfect deals. What a summer it's been.

Wonder if the echo will get a slap for reporting a price :D

Ah but it only says a 5mill deal....im sure they'll make that 2mill with 3 mill of add ons if it turns out to be disastrous and we have to sell him for 2.5 mill......a profit is a profit!!!

The AK project is almost dismantled. Who left now, of his failed experiment... Mejias, Guedioura, and...

Failed experiment that got us to the PL. I hate those sort of failures.

AK's/the clubs failed experiment is funding all these new signings.