oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Virgil Van Dyke leaves saints then I believe they'll be in for him. Don't see WBA as the sort of set up Gibson will develop in, also think the club has a set figure and they'll not settle for less.

Saints won't be spending big on a replacement though, I would wager. Their entire business model is buy small and sell big. Not going to splash circa 25 million on a signing.

They buy at 25 they won't sell for less than 50

Apart from Mane three years ago, when was the last time Soton bought a player for above 15m?

If Virgil Van Dyke leaves saints then I believe they'll be in for him. Don't see WBA as the sort of set up Gibson will develop in, also think the club has a set figure and they'll not settle for less.

Saints won't be spending big on a replacement though, I would wager. Their entire business model is buy small and sell big. Not going to splash circa 25 million on a signing.

Apart from Mane three years ago, when was the last time Soton bought a player for above 15m?

Boufal last year. And gabiadinni was rumoured to be 15mill. Probably undisclosed though!

Boufal last year. And gabiadinni was rumoured to be 15mill. Probably undisclosed though!

Boufal went for 15.9m, semantics.

Anyway, my point was that 15m is quite a way off the 25m we want for Gibson and Soton have not demonstrated any pattern of spending that kind of money. I hugely doubt we would revive an offer, for the kind of cash we want, from them.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the deadline in Brazil has passed so Fabio won't be going back there.

It was mentioned quite a lot in the lead up to Thursday (the deadline)

@HITCdeadlineday

Transfer news: Boro eye move for Birmingham's Shotton #birminghamcityfc #bcfc #transfertalk #exclusive #championship

https://t.co/BvOFklvxko

He is *** dreadful. Hope this is rubbish.

Ha! No chance, he was awful at Derby and this is probably the most unlikely rumour so far this summer.

Perhaps it's just Birmingham wanting to get Shott......on