oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Loaning Gibson out makes zero sense, we either sell him for silly money or he stays.

has the lad made any sign yet that he would want a move?

Not publicly, I'd be surprised he turned down a top 6 club if the chance came up though.

Saying that I can't see him forcing through a move either if we don't get the right offer.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd play 433 ever time, which would remove the need for a number10. I'd have Braithwaite and Banfird as outside forwards with Britt in the middle, I'm not fussed whether Ramirez stays or goes, he wouldn't be in the starting lineup.

I'd play 433 ever time, which would remove the need for a number10. I'd have Braithwaite and Banfird as outside forwards with Britt in the middle, I'm not fussed whether Ramirez stays or goes, he wouldn't be in the starting lineup.

I am not sure we have been shown his formation yet. Whilst everything points to 4231 GM is an experienced manager and knows we are lacking in no 10 so why play a formation you are least equipped for from our options. Also no public evidence of his starting 11 especially midfield and attack. Personally enjoying all the speculation and final personnel tweaks. I wouldn't be surprised to see 433 as don't see Assombalonga as the lone striker.

That's how I'd like to see it with Traore perhaps instead of Bamford initially. I hope our lack of a #10 doesn't mean we shove some random player in that position and that our formation is perhaps a little more dictated by the players we have. Karanka trusted the system more than anything and would have rather had Forshaw play as a #10 than abandon it altogether. As long as the players can adapt to that kind of 4-3-3, I would hope we really give it a go.

I am not sure we have been shown his formation yet. Whilst everything points to 4231 GM is an experienced manager and knows we are lacking in no 10 so why play a formation you are least equipped for from our options. Also no public evidence of his starting 11 especially midfield and attack. Personally enjoying all the speculation and final personnel tweaks. I wouldn't be surprised to see 433 as don't see Assombalonga as the lone striker.

The usual midfield makeup of a 4-3-3 is one defensive midfielder one box to box player and one playmaker. I think Clayton De Roon and Howson could fill those roles respectively. But I wouldn't be happy about that being our main formation going into the season. There wouldn't be enough creativity in the front 3 as they are all Centre forwards by nature.

Leeds fans have said that Monk could play one way and one way only. I'm not so sure he is just going to change from his preferred tactics.

Some might think it risky to be reliant on someone who is inherently unreliable.

My thoughts exactly. If anyone offers £10m at this point I'd snap their hand off.

I'd take half that. I'd then put it towards Jota.

People keep mentioning Jota but West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, Swansea and Burnley are all interested in him so I'd say there's little to no chance of getting him.

Unfortunately, I feel that it will be very difficult for us to replace Ramirez with someone of similar quality.

People keep mentioning Jota but West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, Swansea and Burnley are all interested in him so I'd say there's little to no chance of getting him.

Unfortunately, I feel that it will be very difficult for us to replace Ramirez with someone of similar quality.

Well it would have to be someone foreign, but I would have hoped that the club would already have been looking at the problem

Fortunately there's been no movement yet, so i dont see any reason why not.