oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Fedor Cernych close to signing. Lithuanian attacker, captain of the national team. Plays either flank and can cover up top. €1m, 26 years old currently at Jagiellonia Bialystok in Poland.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/middlesbrough-close-signing-national-team-captain-next-hours/

Yep we all know who that is.

I was watching highlights of jagellonia blahblahwhatever's last match just earlier today I'll have you know :D :D

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's still not a number 10 though, he plays on the wing or as a striker

So we still need a number 10.

Aye, I agree. I'm hoping Monk doesn't plan on using Braithwaite as No. 10; think his play from the flanks could be invaluable this term. Suppose there's the argument of him being given the Free Role, but if there's a natural LW on the pith with him it'd just get congested in the areas he likes to dominate.

TBF we still need wingers, particularly on the left. We're losing Downing almost certainly, we've already lost Fischer, Ramirez is probably going to be let go and even De Pena has gone. Leaves us quite thin on that side.

We also might be abandoning the #10. As we know, if Ramirez goes, we really don't have anyone who can operate there. And given our abundance of central midfielders who are more than good enough at this level, it would make sense to be looking at more of a 4-2-1-3 anyway.

Leadbitter

Clayton

De Roon

Howson

Forshaw

Guedioura

And we've got Bamford, Braithwaite and Traore who all would probably work best in the 3 up front instead of traditional wide players, with Assombalonga and Gestede fighting for the #9 spot.

Reckon given the current make up of that, Soisalo might be included. Chapman perhaps too, then players like Tavernier floating in and out of contention throughout the season.

Any news on when Squad Numbers come out? Will be interesting to see which of the youth lads get a number.

I hope they give Soisalo number 11 just to mess with Brunners :)

absolute love these left field rumors. looking at a few of his highlights. looks strong, athletic and reasonably quick. also perfect type for our system as can play right across the front. even better that he is entering his prime and is a captain already. you can tell already hes miles better than de pena.

If we can't replace gaston I don't see why we can't go back to karankas old Tomlin, vossen, Albert, bamford system.

Just use braithwaite instead of Tomlin, bamford instead of vossen, Britt instead of bamford and traore instead of Albert.

Not only would that system fit the players but they are all an improvement on the previous players, traore is debatable I guess but I think he'll surprise a few.

Fedor Cernych close to signing. Lithuanian attacker, captain of the national team. Plays either flank and can cover up top. €1m, 26 years old currently at Jagiellonia Bialystok in Poland.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/middlesbrough-close-signing-national-team-captain-next-hours/

Yep we all know who that is.

Does he have good body balance?

If we can't replace gaston I don't see why we can't go back to karankas old Tomlin, vossen, Albert, bamford system.

Just use braithwaite instead of Tomlin, bamford instead of vossen, Britt instead of bamford and traore instead of Albert.

Not only would that system fit the players but they are all an improvement on the previous players, traore is debatable I guess but I think he'll surprise a few.

I doubt Braithwaite is as good technically as Tomlin.

Aye, I wouldn't mind Bamford playing as more of the Support Striker role as oppose to a No. 10. That system would rely heavily on Traore and Braithwaite for creativity, with Howson coming from deep too.

Adama, to be fair to him, has looked to be more productive in pre-season. Still a lot of work to do, but hoping a season at this level can get him ironing out those weaknesses in his game.

Aye, I would mind Bamford playing as more of the Support Striker role as oppose to a No. 10. That system would rely heavily on Traore and Braithwaite for creativity, with Howson coming from deep too.

Adama, to be fair to him, has looked to be more productive in pre-season. Still a lot of work to do, but hoping a season at this level can get him ironing out those weaknesses in his game.

Adama !!!!!!! My heart says he could be the best player ever. My head says he'll be gone by Jan probably for a couple of mill

As much as I was every Boro player to be a success I just can't shake the feeling that Traore will be a massive flop :s

Why though? He wasn't that far from being productive last season and that was in a harder league for a poor team attacking wise and also under a different manager, also in what appears to have been a less than happy dressing room.

I think it's unfair to judge him totally on last season.

Braithwaite played as the support striker vs Rochdale, so that's obv where Monk sees him playing, to begin with a least. It's a left sided player we need, Tavernier has been getting plaudits without actually doing anything..