oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Reading reports from around the web and suggestions that monk is seriously keen on Ashley Fletcher. Starting to think he may well be looking at playing 2 up top or maybe even 4-3-3. If this is the case I'm not sure he'll even be looking for a number 10.

If he is going to play 4-4-2 I assume it will be a rotation of britt/fletcher/bamford/Braithwaite up top with two wingers, a holding mid (clayton) and a box-box mid (howson). If it's 4-3-3 then you'd think Britt in the middle of Braithwaite and bamford/fletcher with howson and maybe adama either side of Clayton.

Just thinking out loud...

We played 4231 in every friendly. Why would we change now?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading reports from around the web and suggestions that monk is seriously keen on Ashley Fletcher. Starting to think he may well be looking at playing 2 up top or maybe even 4-3-3. If this is the case I'm not sure he'll even be looking for a number 10.

If he is going to play 4-4-2 I assume it will be a rotation of britt/fletcher/bamford/Braithwaite up top with two wingers, a holding mid (clayton) and a box-box mid (howson). If it's 4-3-3 then you'd think Britt in the middle of Braithwaite and bamford/fletcher with howson and maybe adama either side of Clayton.

Because we don't have a number 10. If there is one thing karanka had abundance of it was stubbornness. To the point where he wanted to prove the fans wrong. I hope monk doesn't do the same thing. Being strict on a system when the players we have at our disposal fit a different system better.

Don't get me wrong, if he has a number 10 lined up then fine. But we have heard many rumours with very few actually being about a number 10. The only name I hear is jota and I think that is more in certain fans hope than in reality.

If we start the season playing 4-2-3-1 I shudder to think who will be playing in the number 10 position if Gaston isn't. Because no matter who it is he is better used somewhere else.

Because we don't have a number 10. If there is one thing karanka had abundance of it was stubbornness. To the point where he wanted to prove the fans wrong. I hope monk doesn't do the same thing. Being strict on a system when the players we have at our disposal fit a different system better.

Don't get me wrong, if he has a number 10 lined up then fine. But we have heard many rumours with very few actually being about a number 10. The only name I hear is jota and I think that is more in certain fans hope than in reality.

If we start the season playing 4-2-3-1 I shudder to think who will be playing in the number 10 position if Gaston isn't. Because no matter who it is he is better used somewhere else.

Again, we played 4231 in every friendly, that's 6 times he had a chance to play a different system, what with the entire team changes in the first 2 matches, and he didn't move from 4231.

He played Braithwaite in the #10 position in the last match.  He isn't going to change the system, even if we do sell Ramirez.

I don't think we have been linked with a single #10/playmaker, we've only had hopes and wishes from fans.

Just having a look at how the squad is shaping up, as it stands I think we are maybe a left back short at the moment, then anything else dependent on outgoing.

Hopefully we are lining up a cb and someone to play in the three behind the striker incase downing, Ramirez or Gibson go. If De Roon also goes I think we have sufficient cover there.

Asked Bailey what positions we looking to strengthen.

left back, winger, possible centre-back and maybe another centre mid depending on who leaves

No number 10 then

Bailey knows literally nothing, so don't worry.

Not quite correct i'm afraid.

Was thinking with the Jota thing about him not wanting to play against Brentford.

Season long loan with a option to buy... Simples

How do Brentford replace Jota in that scenario?