oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Brit. 15

Braithwaite 9

Fletcher 7

Randolph 5

Christie 2

Howson 5

Roberts loan

43 mill

Husband 1

Bernardo 4

Baragan. 1

Fischer 3

Stuani 3

Rhodes 10

22 mill

Total - 21 mill

Not sure I've got them all or got the values correct. Change them if you know better But as we were expected to have around 30 mill to spend. It looks like we probably do need to sell esspecially if we want to buy anyone else

Gone through and amended to the fees to the best of my knowledge.

Barragan only left on loan I think
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brit. 15

Braithwaite 9

Fletcher 7

Randolph 5

Christie 2

Howson 5

Roberts loan

43 mill

Husband 1

Bernardo 4

Baragan. 1

Fischer 3

Stuani 3

Rhodes 10

22 mill

Total - 21 mill

Not sure I've got them all or got the values correct. Change them if you know better But as we were expected to have around 30 mill to spend. It looks like we probably do need to sell esspecially if we want to buy anyone else

Barragan only left on loan I think

Edited the original.

Brit. 15

Braithwaite 9

Fletcher 6.5

Randolph 5

Christie 2.5

Howson 5

Roberts loan

miller 1

44 mill

Husband 1

Bernardo 4

Baragan 1

Fischer 3

stuani 3

rhodes 10

22 mill

Total   - 22 mill

Not sure I've got them all or got the values correct.  Change them if you know better   But as we were expected to have around 30 mill to spend. It looks like we probably do need to sell esspecially if we want to buy anyone else

Stuani...

And Britt was 15.....you don't want the club excommunicating You!! :P

made so adjustments, now if we stick in the other likely out goings gaston 5m? de roon 8.8m, downing, guerdioura free. our wage bill probably wont be a great deal different. will 20 odd million spend. sell gibbo for 25 and we are back in the black. even after buying a replacement for de roon and gibbo.

Factor in an assumed 4 mil for Gaston and take another 7mil off for Fletcher and you're around the £24m mark.

Not bad business really

i just remembered about de roon and edited, badu being linked for 4.5m with deroon 8.8m linked back to atalanta. 4 million profit if that happened, good deal for the club.

@Steve_Crossman

I suspect that Garry Monk is amassing several versatile strikers with idea in mind that likes of Bamford, Braithwaite, Fletcher can all fit in as left wing, right wing and number 10. Boro will keep them higher up pitch, it'll mean scoring a LOT more goals, also conceding more but

I think the point on the overall wage bill is the most valid one as that is money that won't ever be recouped. As long as the new wage bill stacks up though, which on the face of it looks as if it will especially when Gaston and Stewey leave, then all is good.

As for transfer fees I think it is safe to say that we are sitting on at least £40m equity in the shape of Gibbo , Traore and De Roon should we need it so Monk will still have some scope for purchases that will smash the league. Even if we hold on to these players and take a big transfer defecit into next season these are 3 players who are unlikely to see their value fall much from that £40m so that is a relatively low risk strategy. It's a far cry from when we went down the last time with hardly any saleable assets.

@FulhamFC

HE'S BACK! ?

We're delighted to announce that Tomas Kalas has returned to #FFC on a season-long loan ? http://ow.ly/yR8F30dX5Ao

Great signing for them. I imagine that this is his last season out on loan, I'd love for us to try to buy him next summer.

@FulhamFC

HE'S BACK! ?

We're delighted to announce that Tomas Kalas has returned to #FFC on a season-long loan ? http://ow.ly/yR8F30dX5Ao

another loan wow, whats the point in chelsea signing players and just loaning them forever. it cant be good for kalas and his career. although chelsea having all these playes on the books will no doubt benifit from the price rise in players values.

Brit. 15

Braithwaite 9

Fletcher 7

Randolph 5

Christie 2

Howson 5

Roberts loan

Miller 300k

43 mill

Husband 1

Bernardo 4

Baragan. Loan

Fischer 3

Stuani 3

Rhodes 10

22 mill

Total - 21 mill

I didn't include Rhodes as I took it he was sold in Jan ( even though they couldn't pay then ) so the fee is cancelled out by gestede and bamford

I'm a bit concerned about our lack of a no. 10/ wingers... Part of me wants to trust Monk but also many fans (myself included) were right in being worried about Karanka failing to sign enough pace last summer. We'll see what happens, still a lot of time left in the window!

But not this.

It's the lack of certainty I have over Monk's plan that is making me concerned. I'm a bit cautious but that's probably a bit premature considering there's still over a month of the transfer window left...

Brit. 15

Braithwaite 9

Fletcher 7

Randolph 5

Christie 2

Howson 5

Roberts loan

Miller 300k

43 mill

Husband 1

Bernardo 4

Baragan. Loan

Fischer 3

Stuani 3

Rhodes 10

22 mill

Total - 21 mill

I didn't include Rhodes as I took it he was sold in Jan ( even though they couldn't pay then ) so the fee is cancelled out by gestede and bamford

Nope the sale wasn't until the summer we loaned him in January.

Bamford

Assombalonga

Fletcher

Gestede

Braithwaite

Who's the 6th striker?

I'd say Traore. Probably played in a 3 at Barca. Certainly wouldn't play in midfield of a 4-3-3 in any shape.

Brit. 15

Braithwaite 9

Fletcher 7

Randolph 5

Christie 2

Howson 5

Roberts loan

Miller 300k

43 mill

Husband 1

Bernardo 4

Baragan. Loan

Fischer 3

Stuani 3

Rhodes 10

22 mill

Total - 21 mill

Nope the sale wasn't until the summer we loaned him in January.

Yes I know but it was due to be done in Jan just couldn't be completed in time Wether we got the money in Jan or July we only have the same amount