oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I wonder if Raf has heard anything on Murphy from Norwhich?

If I'm right about the 4-3-3/4-2-1-3 formation, I suspect bringing in Fletcher would have ended that interest.

so josh murphy, fletcher and cernych were on the same list? murphy isnt a cf were as cernych and fletcher are. i think we'll add another none cf wide man.

My point is Fletcher is also seen as a LF, as with Braithwaite. So if you consider Murphy as also being the left of the 3 forwards as a target, then that gap is filled.

josh and cernyech appear to be better on the wing were as the others central, i wonder if one of these are compo for traore. josh might still come in but like you said fletcher might well be our left forward first choice now so josh interest over. we have traore right with paddy able to slot in over there but cernych might still be signed to cover the right/left, its not a big fee and wages probably small. low risk.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We asked Football.London's Sam Inkersole.

"Fletcher is a very hard worker who won't stop running all game. From what we saw of him in his first season, he's very much a number nine and likes the ball at his feet. He thrives in a central role"

What about Fletcher in the center?  (Dele Alli style box to box) 

------------Assombolonga---------

Braithwaite--Fletcher-----Traore

---------Howson----De-Roon-----

Friend---Gibson----Ayala--Christie

--------------Randolph

Can see us bringing in a CB and winger.

Don't think we'll bring in someone to replace Deroon if he goes with the player we already have, clayton forshaw, howson, leadbitter, guerdi.. however you spell it.

Don't even think we'll replace Ramirez if he goes tbh with all the attacking players we've brought in it would suggest primarily playing 433. I think if he changes formation he'll put either forshaw/howson/braithwaite behind the striker if ramirez goes.

Can see us bringing in a CB and winger.

Don't think we'll bring in someone to replace Deroon if he goes with the player we already have, clayton forshaw, howson, leadbitter, guerdi.. however you spell it.

Don't even think we'll replace Ramirez if he goes tbh with all the attacking players we've brought in it would suggest primarily playing 433. I think if he changes formation he'll put either forshaw/howson/braithwaite behind the striker if ramirez goes.

Certainly a winger, a centre half and if Ripley goes as is likely then another goal keeper. I however feel after that there will still be one more, who or for what position I don't know

There's been no reports saying that we're no longer interested in signing Ojo as a result of signing Fletcher, so I'm assuming we are still wanting another winger.

Has Ojo made his mind up anyway? I thought he was going to Fulham but that was a couple of days ago and it seems to have gone quiet.

Can't see us getting ojo or any more forwards now unless gaston and/or traore leave. If those 2 stay which I hope they do then we have the best attack by far in this league.

There's been no reports saying that we're no longer interested in signing Ojo as a result of signing Fletcher, so I'm assuming we are still wanting another winger.

Has Ojo made his mind up anyway?  I thought he was going to Fulham but that was a couple of days ago and it seems to have gone quiet.

wasnt that just a daft twitter user making stuff up.

Still think we'll get a couple of plAyers in through the loan market. When do the premier league teams have to announce their squads??

I think Monk is preparing a squad that has one quality replacement for each position - offering genuine competition and depth - and a bit of versatility too. Assuming we've seen the last of Ramirez, Downing, De Roon, Ripley, Mejias and Guedioura (and maybe Baptiste too), and also that we'll see some sort of unusual variation of 4-3-2-1...

GK - Randolph + Dimi.

CB: Gibson, Ayala + Flint? [& Fry, Mahmutovic].

FB: Christie, Friend + Fabio [& Roberts].

CM: Howson, Clayton + Forshaw [& Leadbitter].

FW: Braithwaite, Fletcher, Bamford + Traore [& Chapman, Soisalo, Tavernier].

CF: Assomnalonga + Gestede

In my opinion, if the intention is to not start natural wingers, and go for goalscorers in the 'wider' front 3 position, then we're almost there. One or two question marks, but it's a pretty tasty squad at this level already.

Randolph

Christie     Ayala     Gibson     Friend

Clayton     Howson

Bamford          Fletcher          Braithwaite

Assombaloga

I think Monk is preparing a squad that has one quality replacement for each position - offering genuine competition and depth - and a bit of versatility too. Assuming we've seen the last of Ramirez, Downing, De Roon, Ripley, Mejias and Guedioura (and maybe Baptiste too), and also that we'll see some sort of unusual variation of 4-3-2-1...

GK - Randolph + Dimi.

CB: Gibson, Ayala + Flint? [& Fry, Mahmutovic].

FB: Christie, Friend + Fabio [& Roberts].

CM: Howson, Clayton + Forshaw [& Leadbitter].

FW: Braithwaite, Fletcher, Bamford + Traore [& Chapman, Soisalo, Tavernier].

CF: Assomnalonga + Gestede

In my opinion, if the intention is to not start natural wingers, and go for goalscorers in the 'wider' front 3 position, then we're almost there. One or two question marks, but it's a pretty tasty squad already at this level already.

Randolph

Clayton     Howson

traore         Braithwaite  Fletcher

Assombaloga

naa we'll go:

Randolph

Clayton     Howson

traore         Braithwaite  Fletcher

Assombaloga

Aye, if we're planning on the 4-2-3-1 with a Supporting Striker as oppose to a No. 10, I'd much prefer Fletcher in there as oppose to Braithwaite. Fletch likes to run the channels, but cOuld also get in behind defences from deep and running beyond Assombalonga. Braithwaite' abilities from the flanks need to be utilised in my opinion.

Agree with all. Could easily be Bamford or Traore on the right. Could easily switch Braithwaite and Fletcher around. Could inter-change game by game or be fluid within a game. Time will tell.

Agree with all. Could easily be Bamford or Traore on the right. Could easily switch Braithwaite and Fletcher around. Could inter-change game by game or be fluid within a game. Time will tell.

healthy problems, not like the adomah, tomlin on the left downing in the middle and stuani on the right debates  :D

Still think we'll get a couple of plAyers in through the loan market. When do the premier league teams have to announce their squads??

Not til the beginning of September, after the window closes.