oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Expecting Fletcher to play through the middle. Every report i've read on him says he's ineffective out wide.

Hear the same with braithwaite, one of them in going to be in a weaker position if the both play. braithwaite is supposedly better at cf. i'm assuming he'll play like vossen behind paddy, fletcher or britt. 

fletcher left or ss same with braithwaite???

britt only cf so would think he starts when fit unless 3 games a week. 

traore only right sider except paddy who would be more central tucking in like he used to. 

i have a feeling we'll sign another winger who can play left and right, and probably sell gestede. cant see gaston staying now either. i think ojo or that cernych will come.

Fletcher's loan at Barnsley he got 9 goals 6 assists in all competitions which suggests to me he's at least a little bit creative, I think he'll be eased into the team and I can't see any of these Centre forwards playing the number 10 role to be honest.

I think if Ramirez goes we will be playing a a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. Maybe plan A is to have 3 CFs on the pitch at the same time and let Traore and Christie dance past people and pump balls into the box. Whatever happens I think Christie could actually be the signing of the season for us, he put in 5.3 crosses a game for Derby last season from fullback, if we have all these predatory strikers on the pitch and Howson arriving late he could rack up the assists!

Gestede will surely attract lots of Championship interest. I'd even be interesred in us loaning him out to a club like Ipswich that plays to his strengths - ala Daryl Murphy being a great fit - as we will still get a good loan fee, free his wages up and increase his value. If he has one great season in the Championship then his stock will dramatically rise from the laughing stock that he's seen as now. If we have good money offered then selling him now will make sense too if he isn't in Monk's plans.

Just to put the championship these days in perspective I was thinking about when we signed downing for £7m.

Other fans went into melt down over ffp, we had a maths article every day by vickers on how we could afford it and where the money was coming from.

Today we spent the same amount on a teams reserve striker who may not even start for us and nobody bats an eye!

I definitely think Gestede is on the way out. He has apparently been less than convincing in each of the friendlies he played, and doesn't offer the flexibility of our other strikers.

Just to put the championship these days in perspective I was thinking about when we signed downing for £7m.

Other fans went into melt down over ffp, we had a maths article every day by vickers on how we could afford it and where the money was coming from.

Today we spent the same amount on a teams reserve striker who may not even start for us and nobody bats an eye!

Amazing isn't it. Shows you what just one season in the Premier League can do for you.

Amazing isn't it. Shows you what just one season in the Premier League can do for you.

we are buying hungry young men, who want to impress and improve. even the u23 team is filling up with them. the culture at the club is so different to the one we had when relegated in 09. the future looks bright now.

Don't think gibbo is fit for tomorrow. Maybe fry. Judging by how GM has introduced new signings I don't expect fletcher to get game time. would like 20-30 mins personally

Are you available like Phil?? :P

Brazilian Gabriel Martinelli, 16, is on trial at Manchester United as he looks to seal a permanent move from Ituano. (Manchester Evening News)

Thought TLF would have sent him our way

Monk at Leeds got the best out of Chris Wood as a targetman in a 4-2-3-1 so I thought Gestede was likely to suit Monk, but it's looking like his days are numbered here as under Monk we've spent £21.5 million on two very pacey strikers so I think Monk's preferred style of play - not necessarily formation - is going to change from Leeds. Leeds last season didn't seem to be particularly entertaining or attacking so I hope that, as I suspect, we're going to have a bit more to us than Leeds's style last season.

Monk at Leeds got the best out of Chris Wood as a targetman in a 4-2-3-1 so I thought Gestede was likely to suit Monk, but it's looking like his days are numbered here as under Monk we've spent £21.5 million on two very pacey strikers so I think Monk's preferred style of play - not necessarily formation - is going to change from Leeds. Leeds last season didn't seem to be particularly entertaining or attacking so I hope that, as I suspect, we're going to have a bit more to us than Leeds's style last season.

This is what i'm hoping too. I feel we will play differently than what Leeds did, and Monk just worked out how to get the best out of what he had in that Leeds squad last season. He did a great job of it too, getting all them goals out of Chris Wood .. can't wait to see how our strikers get on under Garry.