oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

RF - Bamford / Traore

CF - Assombalonga / Gestede

LF - Braithwaite / Fletcher

Opportunities to have any of Howson, Fletcher, Bamford or Braithwaite to play the Supporting Striker / No. 10 role. If no one else comes in, I'd not be too disappointed.

Isn't Braithwaite playing behind the front 2 today though?  Rather than LF?

We're playing a fluid front 3.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RF - Bamford / Traore

Opportunities to have any of Howson, Fletcher, Bamford or Braithwaite to play the Supporting Striker / No. 10 role. If no one else comes in, I'd not be too disappointed.

But don't they revert to standard positions when defending?  I'm showing my ignorance here, and I can't see the match.

RF - Bamford / Traore

But don't they revert to standard positions when defending?  I'm showing my ignorance here, and I can't see the match.

Braithwaite is usually the deeper of the 3 when we defend but they're not moving back like wingers did under Karanka.

Don't be surprised to see Aden Flint at the game today.

Why? Have you heard something?

I said a few weeks ago I'd heard we were interested. It seems things have moved along nicely.

So..was he?

Braithwaite played really well. Impressed by fletcher laying it off, must have been really tempting to shoot in first appearance. Was surprised how much ball down our right Augsberg got in 2nd half. Reckon we will score frequently this season though. Lots of possession and movement. Much better to watch

Braithwaite played really well.  Impressed by fletcher laying it off,  must have been really tempting to shoot in first appearance. Was surprised how much ball down our right Augsberg got in 2nd half. Reckon we will score frequently this season though.  Lots of possession and movement.  Much better to watch

Think some journo on twitter said expect us to score and concede a lot more.

Who are you going to get that's better than a motivated Gaston? Hate him or love him, he's a hell of a player at this level. It's a long season and he can play a massive part in our success if he's here and Monk can get him on board. He didn't slag anyone off, he asked for a transfer to a better team 7 months ago. I think he's a knob but I really think that if he can get his head straight we would be a better squad with him

Who are you going to get that's better than a motivated Gaston? Hate him or love him, he's a hell of a player at this level. It's a long season and he can play a massive part in our success if he's here and Monk can get him on board. He didn't slag anyone off, he asked for a transfer to a better team 7 months ago. I think he's a knob but I really think that if he can get his head straight we would be a better squad with him

You seem to be trying to paper over the fact that he/his agent are still angling for a move away.

For me it's simple, sack his agent and he can try and reintegrate into the team or leave. I don't think there can be an inbetween as his agent is an agitator.

You seem to be trying to paper over the fact that he/his agent are still angling for a move away.

For me it's simple, sack his agent and he can try and reintegrate into the team or leave. I don't think there can be an inbetween as his agent is an agitator.

I think that's the modern day agent though. But I agree to a certain extent, I either want a motivated Gaston or no Gaston. I don't think he's so integral we have to keep him at all costs, if he stays and had his head on, brill, he can be a big asset, if not he's better gone. I just don't think chanting "F off Ramirez" for 15 mins reflects that balance.

I think that's the modern day agent though. But I agree to a certain extent, I either want a motivated Gaston or no Gaston. I don't think he's so integral we have to keep him at all costs, if he stays and had his head on, brill, he can be a big asset, if not he's better gone. I just don't think chanting "F off Ramirez" for 15 mins reflects that balance.

No, it reflects the utter contempt he showed our club for 6 months.