oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gaston did have a really big smile on his face when he was being subbed on/being booed, like he found it really funny. Samething later on, after we scored the 2nd, he looked really chuffed.

Maybe he gets off on verbal abuse, would explain why he was after a Boro lass....

Only joking :D

Gaston did have a really big smile on his face when he was being subbed on/being booed, like he found it really funny. Samething later on, after we scored the 2nd, he looked really chuffed.

Maybe he gets off on verbal abuse, would explain why he was after a Boro lass....

You say you're joking, but it's one of the many reasons I married a Stockton lass... :P

Nah that wasn't him, that was his agent as well  :rolleyes: :dodgy:

Who are you going to get that's better than a motivated Gaston? Hate him or love him, he's a hell of a player at this level. It's a long season and he can play a massive part in our success if he's here and Monk can get him on board. He didn't slag anyone off, he asked for a transfer to a better team 7 months ago. I think he's a knob but I really think that if he can get his head straight we would be a better squad with him

You seem to be trying to paper over the fact that he/his agent are still angling for a move away.

For me it's simple, sack his agent and he can try and reintegrate into the team or leave. I don't think there can be an inbetween as his agent is an agitator.

I think that's the modern day agent though. But I agree to a certain extent, I either want a motivated Gaston or no Gaston. I don't think he's so integral we have to keep him at all costs, if he stays and had his head on, brill, he can be a big asset, if not he's better gone. I just don't think chanting "F off Ramirez" for 15 mins reflects that balance.

No, it reflects the utter contempt he showed our club for 6 months.

I just don't feel as strong a distaste for a players requesting a transfer I guess. I was agitated at the time but it's looking forward only for me. New manager, new players, new challenge

You say you're joking, but it's one of the many reasons I married a Stockton lass... :P

I like to describe my wife as "spicy," it sounds more polite :)

Who are you going to get that's better than a motivated Gaston? Hate him or love him, he's a hell of a player at this level. It's a long season and he can play a massive part in our success if he's here and Monk can get him on board. He didn't slag anyone off, he asked for a transfer to a better team 7 months ago. I think he's a knob but I really think that if he can get his head straight we would be a better squad with him

You seem to be trying to paper over the fact that he/his agent are still angling for a move away.

For me it's simple, sack his agent and he can try and reintegrate into the team or leave. I don't think there can be an inbetween as his agent is an agitator.

I think that's the modern day agent though. But I agree to a certain extent, I either want a motivated Gaston or no Gaston. I don't think he's so integral we have to keep him at all costs, if he stays and had his head on, brill, he can be a big asset, if not he's better gone. I just don't think chanting "F off Ramirez" for 15 mins reflects that balance.

I just don't feel as strong a distaste for a players requesting a transfer I guess. I was agitated at the time but it's looking forward only for me. New manager, new players, new challenge

He didn't just request a transfer though. He sulked and showed a distinct lack of effort in lots of games after January. I'm not going to say he deliberately got himself sent off, but that is a view held by a lot of fans. Requesting a transfer is one thing, having a tantrum when you don't get one and showing a lack of respect to the club and fans who pay your extortionate wage is a different matter entirely.

I'm not saying he has to go, but he has an awful lot of graft to put in before I give him the time of day. Respect is earned, and he lost every bit of mine last season, same as Downing.

He didn't just request a transfer though. He sulked and showed a distinct lack of effort in lots of games after January. I'm not going to say he deliberately got himself sent off, but that is a view held by a lot of fans. Requesting a transfer is one thing, having a tantrum when you don't get one and showing a lack of respect to the club and fans who pay your extortionate wage is a different matter entirely.

I'm not saying he has to go, but he has an awful lot of graft to put in before I give him the time of day. Respect is earned, and he lost every bit of mine last season, same as Downing.

I agree with that last paragraph in it's entirety. But my argument isn't about whether or not I think he's a knob (which I think he is) but I was arguing the point that two lads brought up about it being good he won't have gained motivation to want to stay. For the good of the team, a committed Gaston is better than no Gaston, and that's why I think it's silly to boo him. I would personally neither boo nor Cheer him

Pretty much how I feel too. I hate the fella right now, I've not hated that many Boro players throughout my time as a fan. But there's a clear problem here that is his agent. It's entirely his prerogative to stand by his agent who no doubt will say he's looking out for the best interests of the player he represents and likewise Gaston would reciprocate for his agent. But the way he has attempted to publicise his transfer and then throw our club under a bus because of the way we handled it is unforgivable.

By standing by his agent, regardless of whether you believe Gaston himself is at all a perpetrator in this crap (through lack of effort, diving and getting himself sent off), he is saying he condones what his agent does. Therefore he is guilty by association. The only way this ends well between Gaston Ramirez and Middlesbrough is if that agitator is cut out of the figure, that is absolutely the only way I will look to welcome him back.

But we all know that is just not going to happen or it would have happened already and his agent wouldn't be bad-mouthing us to the press still.

Not going to see Flint in a Boro shirt the YEP are saying Leeds have lost out on Flint to Birmingham due to being outbid no mention of us at all.

I still wouldn't mind Bartley coming in to compliment us to be honest hopefully that's still on the cards it seems to have gone a bit cold lately.