oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

From Di Marzio

Calciomercato | Sampdoria, surprise coming Gaston Ramirez: details of the operation

Home / Calciomercato

Sampdoria

02/08/17 14:16| Calciomercato | Author: Gianluca Di Marzio

A surprise return to Italy, Gaston Ramirez is one step from Sampdoria . Closing for the Blu-club club, ready to embrace the Uruguayan quarter-finals - in the last season at Middlesbrough - who had so well done in Serie A with the Bologna shirt from 2010 to 2012. Coming on signings for a closed deal Based on approximately 9 million plus 2 bonuses . Great shot of Sampdoria who worked for 20 days in the 90s class, for which - except for variations - is expected to arrive in Genoa on the day tomorrow . Gaston Ramirez goes back to Italy: coming to sign with Sampdoria.

This is beyond laughable now, everyday he's close to signing for a completely different club.  He doesn't want to go though, it's all his big meany agent. 

I can't wait till the little ***house finally sods off.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Di Marzio

Calciomercato | Sampdoria, surprise coming Gaston Ramirez: details of the operation

Home / Calciomercato

Sampdoria

02/08/17 14:16| Calciomercato | Author: Gianluca Di Marzio

A surprise return to Italy, Gaston Ramirez is one step from Sampdoria . Closing for the Blu-club club, ready to embrace the Uruguayan quarter-finals - in the last season at Middlesbrough - who had so well done in Serie A with the Bologna shirt from 2010 to 2012. Coming on signings for a closed deal Based on approximately 9 million plus 2 bonuses . Great shot of Sampdoria who worked for 20 days in the 90s class, for which - except for variations - is expected to arrive in Genoa on the day tomorrow . Gaston Ramirez goes back to Italy: coming to sign with Sampdoria.

Wow £8mill or so would be great for a player with undoubted ability but who has really only ever caused us problems. Especially as we got him on a free.

Take the money and maybe buy a proven/semi proven winger who has more on his résumé than a season at Barnsley I mean our wide areas are bare as it is not sure we need another project out there. We've sold all of Ramirez's compatriots and friends we kept him against his will from the Premier League Champions advances then replaced the coaching staff that had the most faith in him there's no way he's in our plans and at 10 million we should get that paperwork drawn up and processed which we no doubt would if it came in. It's funny if it's true because Sampdoria would be spending that money to replace Alvarez who they're selling to... Nantes.

We basically have one out and out winger at the club besides U23 callups and are prioritising young Liverpool wingers on loan with varying degrees of experience and ability not sure how to compute this reasoning. That's a blindspot so far for us for sure I mean unless we're going to play narrow formations all season we're handicapping our team selection for no reason at the very least and if we're planning on doing a 4231 type we'll be playing strikers out wide it seems not ideal to me. We know we were in for Mcgeady and Kent/Ojo have rumbled on for a month I'm just shocked that this is the level we're looking at compared to the calibre of players we've signed in other positions.

I think we can put out a strong lineup v Wolves but if Forshaw/De Roon get moved on along with Ramirez in the next couple of weeks this will be a rough month of transition hard to see this potential turnover in the squad helping us get off to a good start in the league which won't be apocalyptic but again doesn't seem like it can be helpful.

Nantes chairman on Ramirez: "It's very complicated. They want a lot of money for a club that's just gone down" (Sport Witness)

Maybe it's just me... but that seems like a daft comment. Ramirez is the same football player whether we've gone down or  not.

(Or is the Nantes chairman suggesting that because we've gone down, it shows that Ramirez is crap - but in which case why do they want him)?

i think they just assume we are desperate to sell to raise funds and cut wage costs.

They have rather overlooked the cost to us of replacing him, talent wise he'd cost us the better part of £20m to replace even if his professionalism and integrity are highly questionable

Downing is training with the U23s

Wow. Unless he is 100% moving on that is a bit unnecessary. Don't think there is any need to treat him with disrespect.

I'd summize it's more of an indication that he was indeed a disruptive force last season. Monk and to value hard work and professionalism two things that downing largely failed to exhibit last season and if he was part of the uprising I can see why he's be excluded.

I guess the difference between him and Gaston is that atleast Gaston it's actually quite good!

I just can't believe Gaston is close to joining anyone. We all know it's just his ***ty agent spouting his mouth. 10 million and we send that to Norwich for Murphy. By all means sell him for that amount and publicly destroy his character and his agent in the press.

Nantes chairman on Ramirez: "It's very complicated. They want a lot of money for a club that's just gone down" (Sport Witness)

Maybe it's just me... but that seems like a daft comment. Ramirez is the same football player whether we've gone down or  not.

(Or is the Nantes chairman suggesting that because we've gone down, it shows that Ramirez is crap - but in which case why do they want him)?

i think they just assume we are desperate to sell to raise funds and cut wage costs.

They have rather overlooked the cost to us of replacing him, talent wise he'd cost us the better part of £20m to replace even if his professionalism and integrity are highly questionable

In 5 years of English football he's only shown he could do it in 6 months in the second division. If we can get 11m for him after getting him on a free a year ago, that's brilliant business. Although there is no doubt he is the most talented player in the Championship, if he wants to go and we get that sort of money I don't think there's much cause to keep him. Ideally I would have wanted him to stay and play with his head screwed on but hey ho.

Between him and Espinosa we've now made 15m from free transfers, not bad at all!

Maybe Downing is training with the -23's because he is going and the training staff know this, if this is true it makes sense for him not to see how we are going to practice and set ourselves up for the season to come.

In 5 years of English football he's only shown he could do it in 6 months in the second division. If we can get 11m for him after getting him on a free a year ago, that's brilliant business. Although there is no doubt he is the most talented player in the Championship, if he wants to go and we get that sort of money I don't think there's much cause to keep him. Ideally I would have wanted him to stay and play with his head screwed on but hey ho.

Between him and Espinosa we've now made 15m from free transfers, not bad at all!

I agree that £11m would be good business, but I reckon that Nantes will have been thinking they'd get him for less than 5. All I mean is I wouldn't let him go for a pittance given that people like Cairney are valued over £20m, for us to replace Gaston is going to cost us money either way so we want to minimize that loss

ryan kent -

just browsed through the barnsley forums and their opinion on the whole seemes to be, he has little end product and frustrates by not shooting when he has the chance. they also said 2.5mill valuation for an overrated younger, he wasnt worth buying.