oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

aye flash scores had it as him after the game, checked and edited it now, id say one of the best in a group meritted a few good appearances, Demarai Gray Tammy Abraham and Josh Murphy id say are better examples of best in their group.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's just wait and see before we start casting aspersions.

I'd like to think we'll offer him a new contract.

I wouldn't say it's slanderous and attacking enough to be an aspersion man more so we are suggesting that the managers opinion is fairly valuable and questioning his potential in accordance with that.

What I mean is, people are too quick to jump on a rumour and act as though it was true. Like in January when everyone was getting their knickers in a twist because we were 'signing' Jack Grealish, when in actual fact we weren't even looking at him.

It's looking a lot further on than a rumour based on who's publicising the articles like but I'm just giving my view on what I've/we've seen: very little unless we have anyone that is a blade or been to a few u23 games vs what monk has seen so far: we know what that is.

I think if the masses picked the team we'd play 442 with mostly academy players and we'd be in league two.

Players get their chances in training and U23 matches. They're not suddenly going to surprise everyone and be much better than management thought just because 'they get a chance' in a tough Championship match. Our management do kinda know what they're doing.

aye flash scores had it as him after the game, checked and edited it now, id say one of the best in a group meritted a few good appearances, Demarai Gray Tammy Abraham and Josh Murphy id say are better examples of best in their group.

Josh Murphy is 22 so 3 years older than Harry, Gray is 21 so 2 years older. Abraham is the same age group but do you really think he'd have been given the opportunities he has if the came through our academy instead of Chelseas? I don't think so. We desperately need to re-establish the pathway from our academy to the first team, in about 5 years only one player has really broken through properly and he's now being touted for a £25m+ fee by the best clubs in the country. Ben Gibson wasn't anywhere near as highly rated as Fry or Chapman were, so why did he get his chance where they don't?

Josh Murphy is 22 so 3 years older than Harry, Gray is 21 so 2 years older. Abraham is the same age group but do you really think he'd have been given the opportunities he has if the came through our academy instead of Chelseas? I don't think so. We desperately need to re-establish the pathway from our academy to the first team, in about 5 years only one player has really broken through properly and he's now being touted for a £25m+ fee by the best clubs in the country. Ben Gibson wasn't anywhere near as highly rated as Fry or Chapman were, so why did he get his chance where they don't?

he went out on loan and learned his trade.

Gray has only just turned 21 and Harry is 20 in 2 month ;)

NEPOTISM CONFIRMED

This. In the absence of B teams in competitive leagues, it's tough for young players to get enough experience to be ready for a first team call up. Loans are a way to blood youth players in a competitive environment and should be the natural progression of a homegrown players career.

As have both Fry and Chapman. Loans work for some players, Gibson thrived, Bamford thrived here, they don't work for all players and it's not a right of passage to go and 'learn your trade' in the cloggers league. Victor Moses looked rubbish for years when out on loan, he was great last year when given a proper chance. Jack Stephens wasn't great when on loan here but looked good for Saints at the end of the season.

Bemused with the Chapman move. Looks like a loan, but i can't understand why he's not in and around the first team squad.

He has barely featured in pre season and following the arrival of Fletcher/Braithwaite (and with the likes of Traore/Bamford still on the books with more signings to come) he's never going to get a look in. I don't quite understand why this has come as a surprise to some?

Interestingly the likes of Germany and Spain don't really have the depths of leagues as we do meaning their players have less chance of going out on loan to learn their trades yet they produce player after player. Maybe it's that we our country is more willing to bring in potential from abroad and give them a chance than give our own youth a chance. Not really Boro related but just a thought that our clubs don't give our youths a fair crack. Dele alli maybe being the exception....and look how that ended