oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I'm confident they are working on that. It's not as pressing if Gibson stays though so they can take their time and not be conned into paying 7 million for Bartley.

Humpty, spot on imo regarding Gibsons contract situation, he signed a 5yr last summer, which will have taken into account his status at the time, he'd played 100 times for us, was one of our biggest assets, young player with most potential, was on the fringes of the national team. Although he proved he's premiership quality, personally I don't think he's done much in the last year other than raise his profile to outsiders, everybody associated with the club knew then how good he was/is and that he would make the step up to premier league level, so it came as no surprise, a 5 year deal when signed takes him into his "prime" as a footballer, this also would have been taken into account, so the deal he signed will have reflected all these things and won't have been that of a graduate from the u23s.

Nothing to do with "expecting favour" as his uncle is owner, as Humpty said, about being a professional and honouring your contract. If it was any other player it wouldn't be an issue.

Securing the clubs future takes priority to further securing players where it's unnecessary, promotion first. UTB

Are we to assume Traore will be leaving? Or just Monk trying to get a message through to him?

I think he will be off. His pace is unbelievable but I dont think he is a footballer.

Are we to assume Traore will be leaving? Or just Monk trying to get a message through to him?

There was something I read the other day, on twitter but linked from FMTTM (I know, I know), that said that he may be off. I didn't read too much into it, because of the source, but that coupled with this does raise the possibility.

There was something I read the other day, on twitter but linked from FMTTM (I know, I know), that said that he may be off. I didn't read too much into it, because of the source, but that coupled with this does raise the possibility.

if he does go we'll be in surplus on transfer fees. 

meaning plenty in the bank for a few your more now, and reinforcements in Jan as needed

great transfer business on paper