oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like has been said, if we kick off the sale of Gibson first then we'll undoubtedly add an extra £5m minimum to any replacement we try to sign.

My thinking behind the mutual agreement for Shotton was more that we'd be more open to contributing to Downing's wages should Shotton be allowed to leave for cheaper. I mean it's six and two threes regardless of what happens if there is some kind of deal made.

Like has been said, if we kick off the sale of Gibson first then we'll undoubtedly add an extra £5m minimum to any replacement we try to sign.

My thinking behind the mutual agreement for Shotton was more that we'd be more open to contributing to Downing's wages should Shotton be allowed to leave for cheaper. I mean it's six and two threes regardless of what happens if there is some kind of deal made.

Say we got £30mil that would get us flint and Bartley for £15m-£17m then money left over for #10 or winger

Say we got £30mil that would get us flint and Bartley for £15m-£17m then money left over for #10 or winger

Flint and Bartley are both significantly worse than Gibson, so why sell?

As good as Gibson is, I personally don't see him being any where near the England set up come the summer.

Unless there are any drastic injuries I don't think he'd be part of the squad...

No I'm pretty sure that you are right, he's not international quality yet, £30m for an uncapped championship player is a lot of money though.

As good as Gibson is, I personally don't see him being any where near the England set up come the summer.

Unless there are any drastic injuries I don't think he'd be part of the squad...

I'd agree with this.

I think the following are all ahead of him:

Cahill, Stones, Smalling, Keane, Maguire, arguably Chambers and knowing England, Phil Jones too.

I'd agree with this.

Cahill, Stones, Smalling, Keane, Maguire, arguably Chambers and knowing England, Phil Jones too.

Disagree. The one good thing going for him is that he is a natural left sided CB. He has every chance of being there.

I'd agree with this.

Cahill stones smelling Keane yes but not maguire or chambers

Not even Stones or Smalling. Stones will get there via virtue of hype regardless of how he plays this season. Last season he was rubbish and yet we still want to call him up at every opportunity.

Obviously something there but it's one of the strangest things ever, a centre back who is being lauded for everything but the ability to defend. It's a recipe for disaster when playing against some of the best strikers in the world. He's a *** Jonny Woodgate.

Not even Stones or Smalling. Stones will get there via virtue of hype regardless of how he plays this season. Last season he was rubbish and yet we still want to call him up at every opportunity.

Obviously something there but it's one of the strangest things ever, a centre back who is being lauded for everything but the ability to defend. It's a recipe for disaster when playing against some of the best strikers in the world. He's a *** Jonny Woodgate.

I've based all of my choices based on hype. England managers go with the hype, hence picking players like Phil Jones and Jesse Lingard ahead of more deserving players.