oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@GraemeBailey

Boro could have Baker, Ryan Shotton and Sheyi Ojo in squad by the weekend - would be big boost for Garry Monk.

If Adama is in the fold there's the potential to play 4-1-3-2. Clayts with howson in front of him. Ojo one side with adama the other. Britt and paddy/Fletcher up top. Even gestede up top if we plan crossing a lot. Or more conservative would be 4-1-4-1 with howson coming into midfield and an attacker dropping out. Certainly gives us options

Even my hated 4-2-3-1 looks decent with a passer as one of the 2 (howson>leadboots) and a proper number 10 in Lewis. Options on the wing to make it a 3 up top

Echo now with the exclusives, that must sting for the EG!

Echo has probably had quite a few more exclusives the past couple of years. That's the difference between throwing enough *** that some sticks and having to keep everything under wraps until the club lets you say anything.

Im very worried by this seasons recruitment so far. Ok we have recruited well on strikers but we are very limited in formations we have no natural wide players at the club apart from a few in the u23's. Our lack of depth is a concern if braithwaites really injured and out for some time we surely cant rely on ojo?! Unproven, young. I dont think liverpool really rate him as kent is the one player in his position they really think is the one for the future.

I thought when gaston left we would get another similar style player in to replace him. Someone who is happy to play between the midfield and strikers someone who can both create and score.

Shackell and shotton are at best bench warmers imo? Maybe could add to the depth i would like for defence.

I think we need a left winger and if traore goes a right winger and an attacking midfielder and if Mdr does go another centre mid along with the shackell and shotton.

Not too much to ask it?...

I think the team that started sat looked balanced good and with options on the bench so I've no problem with our recruitment. As for width we have bamford traore downing That we choose not to use them is a different matter.

The thing that will define wether it's a good or bad transfer window is who we sell from now on and who we replace them with

We may of looked balanced but we didnt win. The options on the bench was very little really. Yes bamford can play on the right but as a right forward not a midfield player. We do have downing.. for now, already told hes not part of monks plans. So discount him becausr he wont be in the squad unless we have to play him. Traore can play on the left but who thinks he will still be here come September? I think Ojo is his replacement. So the left side has very little options. I know we will probably play the 433 more often than not so wingers maynot be necessary but you cant have too many options especially for a promotion charge.

I wonder if we could do a deal with sporting seen as they reportedly want fabio?

No we didn't win but it was one game Barca juve and Chelsea sometimes don't win doesn't mean they are unbalanced

Lewis Baker last season

39 games

2,907 minutes played

15 goals scored

7 assists

It's 3,430 mins played I think.

Interesting player Baker.  Turned 22 this year so arguably now needs to kick himself on to where he can be considered as a first team player at PL level.  I imagine there would be some kind of break clause in it so he can return to Chelsea after a season.

Lewis Baker last season

39 games

2,907 minutes played

15 goals scored

7 assists

Interesting player Baker.  Turned 22 this year so arguably now needs to kick himself on to where he can be considered as a first team player at PL level.  I imagine there would be some kind of break clause in it so he can return to Chelsea after a season.

i think its more like, sign for a two year loan with boro, establish yourself in the side first year. boro go up then baker is a shoe in for a prem team. prove himself a success and then he'd be valued for daft money 15-20mill.  we win they win.

Lewis Baker last season

39 games

2,907 minutes played

15 goals scored

7 assists

Yeh there'll be a break clause, Chelsea always insist on them. It would be a pretty impressive signing at this level after his season at Vitesse last year! Time to prove himself and get promoted with us then prove himself in the Prem, worlds his oyster if he does that.

Lewis Baker last season

39 games

2,907 minutes played

15 goals scored

7 assists

He's the sort of player that if he does well but not too well he could sign in a couple of yrs

@GraemeBailey

Boro could have Baker, Ryan Shotton and Sheyi Ojo in squad by the weekend - would be big boost for Garry Monk.

This would complete a very successful transfer window,

With the sales of de roon and ramirez I think we may still see 1 surprise forward player coming in.

Lewis Baker is a top top signing! Hope we can make this permanent after the two years.

Wasn't there a story in the Gazette about de Roon leaving linked on here earlier?

@GraemeBailey

If Adam is in the fold there's the potential to play 4-1-3-2. Clayts with howson in front of him. Ojo one side with adama the other. Britt and paddy/Fletcher up top. Even gestede up top if we plan crossing a lot. Or more conservative would be 4-1-4-1 with howson coming into midfield and an attacker dropping out. Certainly gives us options

Even my hated 4-2-3-1 looks decent with a passer as one of the 2 (howson>leadboots) and a proper number 10 in Lewis. Options on the wing to make it a 3 up top

I think you've covered most of the formations apart from my own radical invention

3-2-3-2

Shotton ---- Ayala ---- Gibson

--------Clayton --- Howson

Traore -------- Baker -------- Ojo

------Bamford - Assombalonga

Wasn't there a story in the Gazette about de Roon leaving linked on here earlier?

I was referring more to Baker than De Roon

The EG story about De Roon was from an italian report.

It does seem like the Echo are currently the clubs weapon of choice, so to speak.

Anyone get the feeling that the De Roon deal might have been agreed in principal for a while but we were waiting to secure the replacement (Baker) before sanctioning the final transfer. Seems odd that the negotiations with Atalanta seemed to have broken down, then suddenly it is back on, all agreed and they are giving us pretty much bang on what we want after all that back and forth weeks ago. Would maybe explain why De Roon looked so disinterested on Saturday, if he knew he was off soon.

Very happy with Lewis Baker if it all goes through. Watching him in the England youth teams, he was always the standout player in midfield. Would like to see him pushing up the centre with Howson behind him and Clayton doing his sweeping job. Think it will take a bit of pressure off Howson - he is a solid CM but not the 'creative player' we need. If Ojo follows then I would say that is all sorted in midfield and attack. Focus on the defensive additions from now on.