oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Echo now with the exclusives, that must sting for the EG!

Wasn't there a story in the Gazette about de Roon leaving linked on here earlier?

The EG story about De Roon was from an italian report.

It does seem like the Echo are currently the clubs weapon of choice, so to speak.

Oh yeah of course they are.  I'm just not sure how much of an exclusive it can be if I've already heard about it somewhere else (de Roon, not Baker)  :)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@GraemeBailey

Boro could have Baker, Ryan Shotton and Sheyi Ojo in squad by the weekend - would be big boost for Garry Monk.

If Adam is in the fold there's the potential to play 4-1-3-2. Clayts with howson in front of him. Ojo one side with adama the other. Britt and paddy/Fletcher up top. Even gestede up top if we plan crossing a lot. Or more conservative would be 4-1-4-1 with howson coming into midfield and an attacker dropping out. Certainly gives us options

Even my hated 4-2-3-1 looks decent with a passer as one of the 2 (howson>leadboots) and a proper number 10 in Lewis. Options on the wing to make it a 3 up top

I think you've covered most of the formations apart from my own radical invention

3-2-3-2

Shotton ---- Ayala ---- Gibson

--------Clayton --- Howson

Traore -------- Baker -------- Ojo

------Bamford - Assombalonga

I like that. Different. all we need now is 2-2-4-1-1. And 3-1-2-2-2 and we've had the lot

@GraemeBailey

Boro could have Baker, Ryan Shotton and Sheyi Ojo in squad by the weekend - would be big boost for Garry Monk.

If Adam is in the fold there's the potential to play 4-1-3-2. Clayts with howson in front of him. Ojo one side with adama the other. Britt and paddy/Fletcher up top. Even gestede up top if we plan crossing a lot. Or more conservative would be 4-1-4-1 with howson coming into midfield and an attacker dropping out. Certainly gives us options

Even my hated 4-2-3-1 looks decent with a passer as one of the 2 (howson>leadboots) and a proper number 10 in Lewis. Options on the wing to make it a 3 up top

I think you've covered most of the formations apart from my own radical invention

3-2-3-2

I like that. Different. all we need now is 2-2-4-1-1. And 3-1-2-2-2 and we've had the lot

Ayala........................Gibson

...............Clayton

Christie...Howson....friend

................baker

Bamford...Britt.......braithwaite

Pretty much how we line up when attacking

@GraemeBailey

3-2-3-2

Ayala........................Gibson

...............Clayton

Christie...Howson....friend

................baker

Bamford...Britt.......braithwaite

Pretty much how we line up when attacking

Yeah teapot....you left out George!?!?!?

I wouldn't worry about Braithwaite until we hear something definite, a pull or tweaked muscle can feel like a serious injury at the time so he might have just gone off as a precaution.

That Di Marzio dude is saying that De Roon's medical is tomorrow

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/atalanta-agreement-reached-with-middlesbrough-for-de-roon-medicals-tomorrow

and this dude is saying that the Baker deal hasn't been decided just yet

@NizaarKinsella 

"Reports in the North East suggest Middlesbrough are confident they've secured a two year loan for Lewis Baker, however…

Reading and Birmingham are still in the mix. One thing is for certain is that he will leave on a TWO- year loan deal #CFC

Several Premier League clubs were keen but Baker has been offered an extra year and more minutes in the league below. Decision tomorrow #CFC"

Lewis Bakes contract runs out in two years. Unless they have an extension clause it's a bit weird they are letting him go. Suppose they are confident he will extend if he does well.