oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Middlesbrough would have entered into negotiations with Ingolstadt for the transfer of Marcel Tisserand.

Middlesbrough has entered into negotiations with Ingolstadt (ALL) for the transfer of Franco-Congolese defender Marcel Tisserand, 24, trained in Monaco and passed by Lens and Toulouse. He could commit to it for four years. Last season, Monaco sold Tisserand to Ingolstadt for € 5.5 million.

^ Translated from this article updated today in L'Equipe:

https://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Marcel-tisserand-vers-middlesbrough/825411?xtref=https:%2F%2Ft.co%2FUB4FmRIoTP%C2%A4amp%C2%A71

Middlesbrough would have entered into negotiations with Ingolstadt for the transfer of Marcel Tisserand.

Middlesbrough has entered into negotiations with Ingolstadt (ALL) for the transfer of Franco-Congolese defender Marcel Tisserand, 24, trained in Monaco and passed by Lens and Toulouse. He could commit to it for four years. Last season, Monaco sold Tisserand to Ingolstadt for € 5.5 million.

^ Translated from this article updated today in L'Equipe:

https://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Marcel-tisserand-vers-middlesbrough/825411?xtref=https:%2F%2Ft.co%2FUB4FmRIoTP%C2%A4amp%C2%A71

thats great if we get him looks big strong and quite athletic. fit well with christie on the right cd spot. we are becoming a team with very good physical stats top to bottom. fast, strong, athletic. like lots of premier league players last year were.

Tweet from a French journo

Tristan Molineri‏ @TristanMolineri

Je confirme l'information révélée par @lequipe : Marcel Tisserand (Ingolstadt) est même proche de rejoindre Middlesbrough (Championship).

"I confirm the information revealed by @lequipe: Marcel Tisserand (Ingolstadt) is even close to join Middlesbrough (Championship)."

then one from him in English

"Marcel Tisserand (Ingolstadt center back) is close to committing to Middlesbrough. The German team wants 8M€."

--

It's about £7.3m so a fairly big fee for a defender, just hope it's to play alongside gibbo and not to replace him

So the 3 signings gibbo mentioned are baker, ojo and tisserand.

If we get the other 2 then it's going to take one huge *** up for us not to get promoted this season.

3 signings mentioned by Steve Gibson is in some doubt then, as you appear to have forgotten the deal for Shotton

Our current defence with tisserand and shotton (not that I would go for shotton personally) added would be easily the best in the league. Without Ben Gibson that suddenly looks shakey. How would we start? Tisserand and shotton? You could bring in tisserand alongside gibbo and you feel he'd find his feet quickly but alongside shotton would worry me. Even alongside ayala wouldn't fill me with confidence as you know ayala will pick up an injury sooner rather than later.

I mentioned earlier that I don't mind fry as a fourth choice, but if shotton was third with ayala and tisserand ahead of him, when injuries and suspensions come along could you imagine a defensive duo of fry and shotton with no cover on the bench??

We need to keep Ben unless we are buying tisserand AND another quality cb

Our current defence with tisserand and shotton (not that I would go for shotton personally) added would be easily the best in the league. Without Ben Gibson that suddenly looks shakey. How would we start? Tisserand and shotton? You could bring in tisserand alongside gibbo and you feel he'd find his feet quickly but alongside shotton would worry me. Even alongside ayala wouldn't fill me with confidence as you know ayala will pick up an injury sooner rather than later.

I mentioned earlier that I don't mind fry as a fourth choice, but if shotton was third with ayala and tisserand ahead of him, when injuries and suspensions come along could you imagine a defensive duo of fry and shotton with no cover on the bench??

We need to keep Ben unless we are buying tisserand AND another quality cb

well with possible bids for Gibson and possibly Traore, even leadbitter, its hard to tell exactly how many players will come in before transfer the window closes

Think Ben Gibson might be on his way.

I don't necessarily think this. Reading between the lines of the transfer interest in Shotton & Tisserand, I think we're ensuring we're prepared for the eventuality he will leave, given the interest in him. If he leaves, Shotton, Tisserand, Ayala & Fry is fine at the back. If he stays, add Gibson to that list and we're laughing.

We might be looking at Fry as expendable if Gibson stays. We sign Shotton and Tisserand, then if Gibson stays we have our 4 and Fry can go out on loan, if Gibson leaves Fry can stick around and be 4th choice. Thats how I see it anyway, he definitely needs a full season of games under his belt though, even if he goes to league 1. 35 games in league 1 is better than 7 or 8 appearances for us.