oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I thought Gibson was going before we were linked with Tisserand.

Gut feeling or something more solid. I can see spurs trying a deadline day £15m

Just from something I heard, not nailed on but if the right club and offer comes in.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally i can see Liverpool offering silly money at the last minute if Van Dijk doesn't get his move. They certainly need it.

15 mill is certainly not a suitable bid

Was saying Levy is unrealistic when it comes to valuing other teams players.

I don't think they'd even bother that low, West Brom essentially got laughed off when they started their bidding around that point.

Tweet from a French journo

Tristan Molineri‏  @TristanMolineri

Je confirme l'information révélée par @lequipe : Marcel Tisserand (Ingolstadt) est même proche de rejoindre Middlesbrough (Championship).

"I confirm the information revealed by @lequipe: Marcel Tisserand (Ingolstadt) is even close to join Middlesbrough (Championship)."

then one from him in English

"Marcel Tisserand (Ingolstadt center back) is close to committing to Middlesbrough. The German team wants 8M€."

--

It's about £7.3m so a fairly big fee for a defender, just hope it's to play alongside gibbo and not to replace him

We absolutely need another centre half, even if Gibson stays.

I don't think they'd even bother that low, West Brom essentially got laughed off when they started their bidding around that point.

Exactly, if West Brom have offered somewhere around £20+m and we're not desperate to sell then the acceptable value goes up the closer we get to the end of the window.

Just from something I heard, not nailed on but if the right club and offer comes in.

Hasn't that been the case all summer?

I would say so yeah, I just heard it from someone who knows a bit more than the average journalist. It sounds like there has been some interest as well.

I would say so yeah, I just heard it from someone who knows a bit more than the average journalist. It sounds like there has been some interest as well.

from spurs or a top 6/7 team? Because we already know theres interest (and bids) from West Brom.

Exactly, if West Brom have offered somewhere around £20+m and we're not desperate to sell then the acceptable value goes up the closer we get to the end of the window.

If someone wants to buy him on deadline day I would expect it to be allowed if, and only if, we have a real replacement ready to sign on (and by real replacement I mean a decent premier league defender....craig dawson/Callum chambers) with an amount of 20 million on top. Might be a lot to ask but the risk of losing a premier league spot is huge

I wonder if there's an outside chance that Gibbo stays and Ayala goes? Hasn't been in great form for a while, seems to perennially struggle with injuries, and Tisserand isn't coming for £7m+ to sit on the bench. I'm not saying I'd like him to go, just pondering whether or not it's a possibility.

The likelihood is that if Gibson stays and Shotton and Tisserand come in, it will be Dael that leaves, on loan. But I wouldn't be in shock if after bringing in two new CBs, Ayala is the one who leaves.

I wonder if there's an outside chance that Gibbo stays and Ayala goes? Hasn't been in great form for a while, seems to perennially struggle with injuries, and Tisserand isn't coming for £7m+ to sit on the bench. I'm not saying I'd like him to go, just pondering whether or not it's a possibility.

The likelihood is that if Gibson stays and Shotton and Tisserand come in, it will be Dael that leaves, on loan. But I wouldn't be in shock if after bringing in two new CBs, Ayala is the one who leaves.

That's an interesting point. Would Ayala be happy to play second fiddle? Probably not. Would Tisserand be joining to play second fiddle? Almost definitely not.