oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Plenty of clubs could do with Ayala. Brighton, Newcastle, Palace to name a few prem teams with money who could need a player like Ayala. Championship clubs could be Wednesday or Bristol if they receive a big offer for Flint.

But maybe we are just fed up waiting for Shotton and have now pushed forward with Tisserand.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tisserand and Shotton are both right footed, aren't they? If we were targeting a replacement for Gibson, wouldn't we look for someone predominantly left footed?

If Friend is being pushed forward then the leftmost of the centre backs needs to be comfortable covering left full back area I.e. Left footed (or equally good with either foot)

Tisserand following assombalongadonga and braithwaite on Twitter. #Boro

Britt plays for the same national team as Tisserand and Braithwaite is his former teammate from his time on loan at Toulouse. The deal should happen though but those follows will be from a while ago.

Britt plays for the same national team as Tisserand and Braithwaite is his former teammate from his time on loan at Toulouse. The deal should happen though but those follows will be from a while ago.

Britt hasn't ever played for them though, and hasn't actually declared to play for them yet, I doubt that's why he followed him.

Britt hasn't ever played for them though, and hasn't actually declared to play for them yet, I doubt that's why he followed him.

guys when has anything ever happened on a sunday? never? looks like bauser has put in the over time this weekend.  

excited by this transfer. first time i've been buzzing with a cb after seeing youtube clips. looks a real player  :D

guys when has anything ever happened on a sunday? never? looks like bauser has put in the over time this weekend.  

excited by this transfer. first time i've been buzzing with a cb after seeing youtube clips. looks a real player  :D

To be fair this deal has been discussed for quite a while, think the rumours started a few weeks ago, maybe we had the breakthrough yesterday? Then again we never sort out transfers till a Friday so doubt anything is that imminent lol

Does anyone know much about this Tisserand? Slightly worring that he has just been relegated although that doesn't necessarily make for a bad CB with Gibson and Maguire being prime examples.

rumor has it tisserand was their version of gibson. did well at toulouse and highly rated. few teams after him on the continent. but i guess not many teams other than the elite(europe) can afford to pay 7million for a defender. unless your in the prem or us/wolves.

Tisserand and Shotton are both right footed, aren't they? If we were targeting a replacement for Gibson, wouldn't we look for someone predominantly left footed?

If Friend is being pushed forward then the leftmost of the centre backs needs to be comfortable covering left full back area I.e. Left footed (or equally good with either foot)

I don't think that would matter too much. Good left footed CBs are few and far between. If we're looking for a replacement for Gibson. our top priority is that they are good enough/affordable etc, their dominant foot will be down the list.

Marcel Tisserand, relegated to German D2 with Ingolstadt, is about to commit with Middlesbrough (D2 English) against about 5 million euros. Saint-Etienne was also interested.

The former defender of Monaco, lent two seasons to the TFC, will find a certain Martin Braithwaite, transferred this summer to Boro for 11.3 million euros. The Danish side was slightly injured last week and could not participate in the victory of his team on Saturday against Sheffield United (1-0).

Got to say I really like this guy, seems to be very proactive in that he'll go towards the ball and go where the danger is rather than sitting off seems to dominate the defence. Another plus is he never seems to dive in, he muscles players off the ball or nicks it away from them.

One downside is when making a tackle he literally just booms it up the pitch everytime I know it's required sometimes but there's also a time and a place for it rather than every single tackle.

A player formerly talked about....Jese is priced as odds on (1/2) to join stoke city. After all of the pushing to get to Las Palmas and not wanting to go anywhere else he only played 16 times for them last season and now "wants" the opportunity to join stoke!!