oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

"Fry’s emergence has not altered Monk’s pursuit of a new defender, though. A deal is in place for Birmingham defender Ryan Shotton but the chances of that going through before Saturday’s trip to Nottingham Forest have rescinded."

"As well as the drive to land Shotton – effectively just waiting for Birmingham to add a replacement particularly after an injury sustained by Michael Morrison – Middlesbrough are still looking to bring in an extra forward.

They have missed out on Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo this week after the forward moved to Fulham, but Monk is understood to have an alternative in mind and is confident of pulling a deal off."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/15476137.Middlesbrough__Garry_Monk_puts_case_for_Boro__39_s_defence_forward_after_attacking_improvements/

Costa?

I'll have a mocha please mate :P. In seriousness though I think AK liked him but not sure I've heard monk being in for him. Would love you to be right though. Think it's more likely Kent or murphy

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully there will be plenty of news on here today, as tomorrow is Signing Day.

Perhaps we can also hope for one of Guedioura, Mejias or Downing to leave too.

I hope Mejias doesn't leave! We need 3 keepers in the squad. Mejias is a capable third choice. If we let him leave, we'd need to replace him and there aren't many good keepers out there that are happy to come in and be Championship backups.

Bearing in mind the amounts of ins and outs still to do, then its going to be a busy last two weeks, possibly even a busy final day?

I'd like to think the final day is all about sorting our squad and outgoings. I can see a loan abroad or to lower Champ side for Guedioura, Downing to go if he hasn't by then, and potentially a loan for Fry if we bring in two CBs and keep Gibbo (though I think that's unlikely). The rest of our squad I think will stay as it is. The Gazette reckon we might sell Mejias and bring in a new second choice keeper, but I'm not sure that's really a priority.

EDIT: The bit in bold reads like I'm saying I think it's unlikely Gibson will stay. What I meant was I think it's unlikely we'll let Fry go out on loan.

Yeah it'd be nice to think we'd be done by deadline day with most of the important stuff w=and only peripheral things to deal with. That also frees you up to pursue anything that might come about suddenly for some reason - a player suddenly becomes available that we really like for example.

Hopefully there will be plenty of news on here today, as tomorrow is Signing Day.

Perhaps we can also hope for one of Guedioura, Mejias or Downing to leave too.

I hope Mejias doesn't leave! We need 3 keepers in the squad. Mejias is a capable third choice. If we let him leave, we'd need to replace him and there aren't many good keepers out there that are happy to come in and be Championship backups.

We obviously use different definitions of 'capable'.

We should have a cheeky punt for Nakhi Wells.

Decent shout although he is injured at the moment. Think he'll want a crack at the Prem though. Very important player for them last season so will likely get plenty of gametime.

someone mentioned (on FMTTM) that Botofogo were in for Fabio and we were looking to a Bournemouth left back as a possible replacement ...that lad they signed from Liverpool .

Dunno how itk the poster was though. might just have been rubbish but thought it might have been picked up on here.

someone mentioned (on FMTTM) that Botofogo were in for Fabio and we were looking to a Bournemouth left back as a possible replacement ...that lad they signed from Liverpool .

Dunno how itk the poster was though. might just have been rubbish but thought it might have been picked up on here.

Transfer window in Brazil closed weeks ago. Can't even join on a free as a player can only join outside a transfer window if that player was free before the window closed. Just a load of crap I think.